NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Huntersville....

Go down 
+3
David B
bigdogdewey2
MadToy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

Hello from Huntersville.... Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Not an FJ owner, but do have a Tacoma. Was hoping to find a group to tag along with on some rides.

Hello from Huntersville.... Undercoverhwms006
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: wecome...   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Nice Truck...very very nice truck...love that winch/bumper setup...where did you get that? is it from Lucrum??

tell us more about the truck.!!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Yes, welcome!!!

That is a GREAT looking truck! Very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Ok you found US. Cool truck . More pictures ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks guys. Picked up the '07 TRD Off Road bone stock back in November. Started with All-Pro sliders and skids, then put a 3" OME suspension in it soon after, followed by some 16x8 Black Rock Yuma wheels with 285-75-16 Duratracs (love 'em). Had trouble getting the alignment specs right so I added some LR UCA's which made a huge difference in getting the caster set. Also added the Grillcraft grill - Christmas present from the wife Smile

The winch was last - the mount is from undercoverhwms.com which I modified by adding the recovery mounts (had to drink some beer to get the courage to take the dremel to the bumper). Winch is a Warn M8000 that I swapped some synthetic line on.

So far I've had it to Gulches when it was stock - definitely wanting to go back now that it's more capable. Also been to The Flats and Richland Road. Looking forward to going to UNF when it opens back up. Just a bit tough finding others looking to go - and I know enough not to go alone Smile

Hello from Huntersville.... OMEandGCside
Hello from Huntersville.... Undercoverhwms007

Last edited by MadToy on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: awesome looking...   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 am

great job on the truck..beer cures alot of fear...thats for sure..great job on the bumper tho..looks great...i look forward to going on some rides with you..UNF is fun..cant wait for it to open back up...
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
great job on the truck..beer cures alot of fear...thats for sure..great job on the bumper tho..looks great...i look forward to going on some rides with you..UNF is fun..cant wait for it to open back up...

Thanks. I'm planning on making some sort of guard under the rear bumper next, as I'm sure that thing won't last too long if it grabs some rocks :/
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 am

Very nice looking tacoma. Tough!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 am

Made the creek crossing look easy...
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:46 am

Didn't realize the undercover mount guys make it for the FJ too Smile

Hello from Huntersville.... 2011-12-16_21-23-47_953
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 am

David B wrote:
Made the creek crossing look easy...

From the outside it looked easy. Inside I was sweating, and trying not to lose my concentration from my 5 year old in the back seat playing Angry Birds! That Angry Birds music has been stuck in my head for days now...... No
Back to top Go down
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Man your truck is sweeeeet!! We have a meet/dinner coming up on Feb 25th in Charlotte if you can make it!!! Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

ncorn38 wrote:
Man your truck is sweeeeet!! We have a meet/dinner coming up on Feb 25th in Charlotte if you can make it!!! Hope to see you there!

I just noticed that. I'll probably swing by for the meet at the shop (need some stuff done anyway), but most likely won't be able to make the dinner. I'll have one or both of my kids with me which makes for difficult dinners unless the wife tagged along to control them :/
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Welcome, and great looking truck you got there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Welcome to the group. If you are looking for people to ride with, you found the right place. There is always someone going somewhere it seems. Its never been too hard to find a ride to join in on.

As others have said, nice truck!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Brian wrote:
Welcome to the group. If you are looking for people to ride with, you found the right place. There is always someone going somewhere it seems. Its never been too hard to find a ride to join in on.

As others have said, nice truck!

Thanks Brian - that's good to hear. Unfortunately on some of the other forums, they plan meets 3 months out. I wanna wheel now! pale

Sometimes it's nice to just find a small group that doesn't need 3 months of planning for a short ride through Richland or something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

If URE was open I would be there this weekend...ill ride just about anytime...very short notice for me
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:58 pm

MadToy wrote:
ncorn38 wrote:

I just noticed that. I'll probably swing by for the meet at the shop (need some stuff done anyway), but most likely won't be able to make the dinner. I'll have one or both of my kids with me which makes for difficult dinners unless the wife tagged along to control them :/

Heck bring the kids... chain em to a wheel and enjoy yourself...just kiddi.g of course...and bring the wife she is welcome too...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:09 pm

I will probably be bringing both of mine, both under 2.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:13 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
If URE was open I would be there this weekend...ill ride just about anytime...very short notice for me

Good to know. Trying to see if a few are interested in Richland Road on the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Brian wrote:
I will probably be bringing both of mine, both under 2.

I'll see how they do at the meet. My 3 yr old loves trucks, so he'll be fine. My 5 yr old loves Angry Birds - so I won't be making any calls...... Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:57 pm

My oldest (18months) loves playing Plants vs. Zombies on the iPad. The youngest just sleeps and cries right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Huntersville....   Hello from Huntersville.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Huntersville....
Page 1 of 1