NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 Trail Team at the Dealership

Go down 
+7
FJerYuri
cjcradier
bigdogdewey2
Dano
Xx_Black-out
totald
David B
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 am

Stopped by Toyota of Wilmington to see if they had a Trail Teams as the website promised and sure enough it was hiding out behind the service department. It's a great looking truck and I fell in love with it... Only to have my heart broken. It was already SOLD!

2012 Trail Team at the Dealership 403096_10150774997162715_729492714_12521077_1132066533_n

However the good news is the new owner is the Service Manager Daniel... I told him how jealous I was and all about the club. Daniel also seemed to be excited about getting the Dealership involved which I think will be a great thing for our club and for the dealership so I'm REALLY excited!

I was going to take more pictures but between the rain and the excitement of finding someone in Wilmington who actually seemed excited about the FJ Culture I didn't. But there are plenty on the internet and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of it.

I noticed a new member today from Wilmington so I hope that Daniel found us (and that he sports that new decal I slipped him Laughing )!

Congrats on the TT, Daniel!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 pm

After seeing this pic...the red is starting to grow on me...
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Two things I would change on it as it came... The steering wheel might have to go but it's growing on me and I'd probably flip the tires white letters in.

Oh plus start the modding list again!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:38 pm

You mean the red leather? See I kinda liked that... Smile
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 pm

I love it, but I think I finally gave up on the idea. I really love my all black TRD so I think I am sticking with it.

Out of curiosity, was it an automatic or manual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Automatic. I meant to look at the sticker but thought it was rude... There are a few things missing from past TT but i bet the price isn't going down. He had it pulled down for driving.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 pm

$36,142 is the sticker for the automatics. -$800 for a manual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:32 pm

totald wrote:
$36,142 is the sticker for the automatics. -$800 for a manual.

Yeah but I'm more interested in the face that this one didn't have;
The Roof Lights and Air Dam
The Upgraded JBL Stereo

The Toyota Website still shows this - http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/special-edition.html
The 2012 FJ Cruiser now offers a Trail Teams Special Edition Package. What's so special, you ask? Start with the Radiant Red exterior color. That plus a color-keyed roof make this an FJ unlike any other. Add a blacked-out grille, mirrors, door handles and bumpers, and there's no doubt this Special Edition means business. It's also got features like Active Traction Control (A-TRAC), TRD 6-spoke Special Edition alloy wheels, trail-tuned Bilstein® shocks, rock rails, off-road lights with air dam, and an electronically controlled locking rear differential. So if you want to get down to business, head off-road.

*Available early 2012.

Also this site specifically refers to the standard stereo for the Trail Teams Edition - http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+2012+fj+cruiser+fuses+off+road+prowess+with+heritage+design.htm

On pavement or off, the 2012 FJ Cruiser offers fully civilized audio and connectivity features. The standard audio system includes an AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, six speakers, XM Radio (includes 90-day trial subscription), auxiliary audio jack, USB port with iPod® connectivity, plus hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology. The steering wheel integrates audio system and Bluetooth controls for added ease of use. A JBL® 10-speaker premium audio system, including sub woofer, is optional (standard on Trail Teams Special Edition).

I hope for the people buying these early TT's that these options don't show up later or the price doesn't get discounted due to them not being included!
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:06 pm

I love the red! If I hit the lottery, I'll buy us all one Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:

Iagreed to do the same FB... and Flush would get a special one. I'd paint his PINK
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:27 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Xx_Black-out wrote:

Iagreed to do the same FB... and Flush would get a special one. I'd paint his PINK

I got your back Laughing

2012 Trail Team at the Dealership 2012TT
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm

We will call that color Flush-pink....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:42 pm

LOL

Dude you got skills! I might see about having you do some swaps on my FJ... I keep thinking of a black out but I also think I'd like to paint the grill white but I think it will look to pimped out.
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:59 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
LOL

Dude you got skills! I might see about having you do some swaps on my FJ... I keep thinking of a black out but I also think I'd like to paint the grill white but I think it will look to pimped out.

I think a white grill on a Iceberg FJ would look pretty good, but then again I have never seen it done...

If you want a little photo editing done, just drop me an email or PM. Wink

-Nick
CoyoteSR5@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

I figured they would be getting one soon. It looks great but that price is serious business. I hope you get one Paul because I know your in love!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:05 pm

LOL. It's got my heart but no one wants to deal.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:11 pm

The trouble with the Trail Teams rigs is the dealers think they have a gold nugget when they get them. I'm certain you'll get one eventually.
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:37 pm

In all reality, it's just the color and badging isn't it?

Most likely you'll eventually change the suspension and other key components to your liking. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade my cookie monster in for that red devil anyday but I'm sure I would change a lot of the stuff they charge extra for on the price sticker...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

I lost a little interest in the TT package when I saw the difference in blue book between a TT and my TRD. They look really nice but don't hold their value as well. It made me appreciate mine more.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: X2   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

X2 on that...i am and have always been partial to a stripped down or "lesser package" vehicle. I have always added my own stuff to make the vehicle better, and most of the time way better and cheaper than what you could buy the "upfitted" vehicle from the dealership. Also dont get me wrong..i like the color..

it reminds me of when i had my Miata way back in the mid 90s ...put a Kenny Belle supercharger on it no restriction exhaust a cage and 16" tires and wheels...had roughly 375hp and could hang with any porsche...but thats another day...
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:05 am

Paul, DON'T DO IT!!!!! Your truck is beautiful, and down right sexy!!!! I agree with Mike and Dave here, all in all its just a color. You will lift it different tires and so on. Please keep the white and throw some red letter grabbers on there. That will make a statement!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 am

Ok, as a 2010 Trail Teams owner, and as Jules Winnfield says (any one get that name?)... "Allow me to retort..." Smile

Here were my reasons for going with a TT:

1. I did infact like the mono Sandstorm color more than the 2 tone setup.

2. I like the TRD rims that came with it as well as the blackout hood, bumper, mirrors and door handles.

3. I like the 2 tone seats.

4. I like having a limited edition.

5. I like the "trail tuned" shocks and BFG A/Ts (I know they come in the standard off road package as well...). This setup will serve me well until I reach the end of my 3 year payoff...then swap that out.

6. I liked the idea of factory sliders, again, they are serving me well until pay-off, then possibly swap out.

7. I do like the whatever the KBB advantage is over standard.

Believe me, I am not offended, just re-iterating what went through my mind when I paid the "extra $$" for a TT (although, after wheeling and deeling, it was only $500.00 more that the next package down.... (Stabdard/off-road and conv pkg). So to me, it was a no brainer Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 pm

I agree with all people who have posted on both sides of this debate! I really like the Red but I think that's really about it on this truck... They don't offer any of the other cool options like they did in the past. I LOVE the TRD wheels that are on David's truck by the way. But they have killed the upgraded stereo now as well. This truck is basically my truck painted RED with the trim painted black and wheels. I think in the spring my truck will have all the trim painted black as well. I love my truck I just also like having something new and I think that was what really had me. I'm going to continue to drool over the Red one and keep my White FJ for sure. You guys actually helped me see the light.

What I love about my truck;
I love the all the white.
I love that I have a blank canvas to do whatever I want.
I'm extremely happy with what I've modded so far.

Next up on the modding list;
Black Out the Silver Trim
Lift/Level & Tires (285/70/17). Still going to be my DD so I need it to be comfortable while being in it 300-400 miles a week.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I will be the first to tell you that red is my favorite color and because of that alone I would trade for the Red TT if I wasn't lazy. I don't feel like doing my mods over again. I don't mind putting in a lot of effort for good craftsmanship, but only once.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Second on David's reasons for getting the TT edition over the others.
Besides the factory sub in the back and the labels and and and, you just can't beat those awesome brushed aluminum "lightsaber" styled shifter knobs!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trail Team at the Dealership   2012 Trail Team at the Dealership Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Trail Team at the Dealership
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next