NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southeast Overland Adventures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

Southeast Overland Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Southeast Overland Adventures   Southeast Overland Adventures Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Southeast Overland Adventures (a spin-off of Southeast Overland) offers access, guide, and instruction services at Snowbird Recreation Area in western North Carolina north of Murphy 15 minutes from Crawford's Campground.

Snowbird is private property that provides off-road opportunities for trucks, bikes, and ATVs on 3,600 acres of land with around 50 miles of forest roads and trails ranging from mild to wild. Currently most trails are rated easy with some intermediate trails (more are currently being developed) and a difficult rock crawling area called "The Bowl." Additional points of interest include several fishing ponds, two plane crash sites, and Buzzards Roost overlook (an awesome scenic spot).

The 2012 Snowbird Open Ride schedule has been announced. These rides are open to anyone as long as you meet some basic minimum requirements (properly functioning vehicle, driver's license, etc). Additional dates are available for Individual & Small Group instruction, or Closed Group runs. Please contact us for more information.

Additional information including pricing, dates, property information, and more are available on the Southeast Overland Adventures website @ www.SoutheastOverlandAdventures.com.

Open Ride 2012 Schedule
April 28 & 29
May 26 & 27
June 23 & 24
July 14 & 15
August 18 & 19
September 15 & 16
October 6 & 7
November 3 & 4

Here are a few pictures of our recent trips to Snowbird in 2011.

An easy trail
Southeast Overland Adventures Index

View from Buzzards Roost

Breaking out the winch in The Bowl to assist a 100 Series

A buggy in The Bowl

Winching into a recovery spot in The Bowl

Heading up a slippery trail towards Buzzards Roost

Climbing up a steep logging road

Please stay tuned for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Overland Adventures   Southeast Overland Adventures Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Oh wow sweet! I will definitely have to check that place out, I need something different
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Overland Adventures   Southeast Overland Adventures Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm

This looks awesome!!! I will definitely stay tuned!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: IM in   Southeast Overland Adventures Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:18 pm

I am in...absolutely in..on every single date that i can be there...wooo hooo that place looks awesome...i cant wait...is there going to e any cost involved...just curious...keep us informed...
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Overland Adventures   Southeast Overland Adventures Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks everybody.

This is a business venture so there is a price involved. The land is private and access is provided through Southeast Overland Adventures LLC. For a full day of wheeling (and I mean FULL day) the cost is $25/person/day for access and a guide. Guests have to be with members on the 3,600 acre property so you will always have a guide to show you around. Small Group and Individual Instruction packages cost more with additional information available on the company website.

There are a limited number of members allowed on the property so I've never ran into a crowd - in fact I've never ran into more than a handful of other people while on site for an entire day.

We could do a NC FJ Cruisers-only run if y'all want. Upstate Cruisers is holding their annual event at Snowbird in August.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Overland Adventures   Southeast Overland Adventures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southeast Overland Adventures
Page 1 of 1