NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In a Ford Escape for the week :(

Go down 
+3
Scottydog
bigdogdewey2
rylandnc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

In a Ford Escape for the week :( Empty
PostSubject: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Someone just shoot me now. Traveling for work this week down to Atlanta. My rental for the trip is a brand new Ford Escape. Only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up. It truly is like a sewing machine on 4 wheels. It was bellowing smoke from under it after about 8 miles. I stopped and checked and seemed to just be the "newness" burning off. I'll drive it like a rental car but will will be missing my FJ this week. Not impressed at all.

Last edited by rylandnc on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:42 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO.....SORRY...IT COULDNT HAPPEN TO A NICER GUY!! LOL....ID SAY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT...IT IS A ford AFTER ALL...supposed to be the best vehicle rand on the road right..??
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 pm

I feel your pain...sort of. I have been in an F150 2wd since last Friday. It is very uncomfortable, has NO giddy up n go. ..just no fun to drive.
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm

What little I drove it today (GSO airport to work, to home) I kept checking to see if the parking brake was on because it just didn't seem to want to go. And the ride is not half a good as the FJ. But is does beat our company pool car POS's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

You might end up in one of those "spontaneous" Ford commercials!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 pm

You might not make it to Atlanta and back but you'll certainly miss the extra horsepower in Atlanta traffic with the crazies.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:46 am

I am envious, I LOVE driving motor-pool cars....they are nasty on the inside, there is NO padding left the seats, and they shimmy and shake.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:52 am

rylandnc wrote:
I'll drive it like a rental car but will will be missing my FJ this week. Not impressed at all.

You know what the difference between my 4 x 4 and a rental?.....there are some places I wont take my 4 x 4! affraid
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Good lord I was ready to escape from that Escape. 800 miles in it was too many. I actually patted my FJ and told it I missed it when I got back in it today. I also realized how good my FJ rides after being bounced around in that damn Escape.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: lol   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm

rylandnc wrote:
Good lord I was ready to escape from that Escape. 800 miles in it was too many. I actually patted my FJ and told it I missed it when I got back in it today. I also realized how good my FJ rides after being bounced around in that damn Escape.

you should always pat your fj..when u have been gone from it for more than the usual time...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 pm

I am sorry for anyone that has to endure that pain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
rylandnc wrote:
I'll drive it like a rental car but will will be missing my FJ this week. Not impressed at all.

You know what the difference between my 4 x 4 and a rental?.....there are some places I wont take my 4 x 4! affraid
Exactly!!!! I truly drive them like I stole them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a Ford Escape for the week :(   In a Ford Escape for the week :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In a Ford Escape for the week :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: