NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added

Go down 
+8
Speedrye
tbulluck
Crazy Hube
NC FJ Driver
CyberLaw
bigdogdewey2
David B
ULTIMATEcruiser
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 am

i vote uno.
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:51 pm

I like to be different. layout 2 in tan.

I wear gray tshirts everyday for work, if you order sand count me in for 1 XL in either layout. Gray is a no go for me.

Thanks for your time & work in this.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: layout   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 pm

layout 1 on a grey shirt...lets keep the cost down...do a preliminary run of one color get those sold then do a secondary run of a different color. the issue is that not everyone can be satisfied due to the numbers that we have. if we were a group of a thousand i would say do multiple colors and layouts but since we are a "buying" group of less than 50 id say keep is simple...just my 2 cents worth....

mike
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Layout 2, light steel personally.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Mike I do agree with your thinking. I feel an inexpensive preliminary first run would be a good choice. At least this way it allows us to see how well the shirts turn out for future shirt purchases.

If I order just 20 shirts in tan(sand), with a single color scheme on the front and a double color scheme on back the price per shirt is $12. The two colors on back would be black and yellow. I have been told there are actually 4 colors present, black, white, yellow, and gray.

The factors that increase our pricing is the shirt color and the number of colors used in the graphics.

The difficult part of doing this for me is trying to offer something that everyone likes or can at least appreciate. I want to offer options or take a vote but it just seems like the vote count is not overwhelming enough to make a choice one way or the other. I hate to dictate what we get but I may have to. If I do, it will most likely be the sand color shirt with #1 layout. I know I will have people choose not to get a shirt as a result, but like Mike said, after the first preliminary run there can be a secondary order. If I can't get the order we need then either I will try again with a different option or abandon the idea till a later date.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: shirts   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Jami, i think you hit the nail on the head...you dont have to worry bout me i WILL get a few of these shirts...probably two...and honestly i dont care about the color...thats jsut me...i want to see this idea succeed either way...

If i absolutely had to choose which color shirt i would want i would have to go with what Brian said...ARMY GREEN ..to match my truck ..but i know that is just impossible ...lol...i would say pick a color and layout and go iwth it Jami...people dont go to a concert and not buy a shirt cause it doesnt come in purple or light teal ...they buy it becuase of what it is...
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm

X2 ^
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Mike, not impossible just pricey. I think it stinx but thats the way all these shirt places are doing. Fortunately I am working with a reputable place who is offering free setup and free shipping on the shirts and their pricing is very competitive to other t shirt vendors who charger these fees. Believe me I really would like to get the color shirts that everyone would like but it's just pricey.

I think I am ready to start an order thread and see where this goes.

Update:
I am steady working on this so I went on the vendors website and tried something. I proceeded with the checkout option and entered 15 tan shirts, 5 gray shirts, 2 fatigue green shirts. Pricing on the tan shirts was about $12, pricing on the gray shirts was around the same, and pricing on the 2 green shirts was $14 a piece. This is all pricing per shirt. It is possible to have different color shirts in the order but depending on the number of each color shirt determines the price in each color category. Anyone who wants shirts of different colors can do so but I think there would have to be a limit on color selections so cost could be kept reasonable. I feel like I am going in circles on this but it's all because I want to offer the best options that I can.

Last edited by Sun Cruiser 6 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: order   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Jami,go ahead and put me down for two shirts...both XL...ill be your first ...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Will do Mike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Have we settled on layout #1 or #2?
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Brian, I think layout #1 is gonna be the choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 pm

I will take 1 XL tan, and 1 XL green if they are ordered (I know the green will be a few $ more). Thanks for putting this together Jami.
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:49 am

Put me down for 1 XL. Sand if you order that color.

Was upon a time I was president of a small company, say 100+ members & a couple of paid employees. The first thing I learned when I went to board meetings was to limit the choices to 2. Do my homework before I get to that point & only offer up 2 choices. I believe you started out this way but somewhere along the line you wanted to keep everyone happy & take suggestions on other possibilities. I commend you for your effort, but I think you have seen what type of confusion & trying to conform to everyone's wishes is very difficult & in turn makes it harder on you. My personal opinion is for you to pick the layout & the color, or colors you feel you can afford to layout before the sale of the t-shirts, make a min order & if there becomes more demand then get the different colors made & sell them here & at group events. Just my $.02. As I said above put me in for 1 XL what ever color you order & if you order more in the future in a color I like better, I will pick up one of them also. Thanks for your effort & work on this.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:13 pm

You got it exactly right, hit the nail square on the head!
This has been a learning experience for sure. It has been one where I have had to learn as I go with what the vendor offers as well.

As I have learned, I am able to do 4 colors of shirt regardless of quantity ordered.
It doesn't matter if I have 20 in one color and two in another the price overall is averaged out.

When I start the order thread I am going to allow 4 color choices so the first 4 colors chosen will be the ones offered for this order of shirts. Right now it stands at tan, gray, fatigue green, and whatever the final choice may be. I plan to get the order thread going by tomorrow so David can make it a global announcement in all forum categories.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:38 pm

dsbike wrote:

Was upon a time I was president of a small company, say 100+ members & a couple of paid employees. The first thing I learned when I went to board meetings was to limit the choices to 2. Do my homework before I get to that point & only offer up 2 choices. I believe you started out this way but somewhere along the line you wanted to keep everyone happy & take suggestions on other possibilities. I commend you for your effort, but I think you have seen what type of confusion & trying to conform to everyone's wishes is very difficult & in turn makes it harder on you. My personal opinion is for you to pick the layout & the color, or colors you feel you can afford to layout before the sale of the t-shirts, make a min order & if there becomes more demand then get the different colors made & sell them here & at group events. Just my $.02. As I said above put me in for 1 XL what ever color you order & if you order more in the future in a color I like better, I will pick up one of them also. Thanks for your effort & work on this.

I agree with DSBIKE...you just cant always make everyone happy. Jami you have done a great job on this from start to finish. Keep up the great work ...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:27 am

Alrighty folks, I am going to close this thread and start an order thread. Look for that thread for further details on our first ever NCFJ T-shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

I just saw this for the first time... I'd really like the logo on the back... I'm not a fan of big logos in the front. As for the front I'd prefer the text like below or more preferably the name small on the top right chest (the pledge of allegiance side).

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Round2design1back1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Shirtborgfont
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Paul, buddy, you are a little late to the game it seems....LOL this is a locked thread (as a moderator, you were able to post), however, your pictures are spot on accurate of how the shirts will look according to Jami. He is also offering three shirt colors - Tan, Green and a gray-silver.

Did Flush mess with your mind that badly? Smile Wink

Do you need the link to the order thread? It was made into a Global announcement, which appear at the top of every thread.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 pm

David B wrote:
Paul, buddy, you are a little late to the game it seems....LOL this is a locked thread (as a moderator, you were able to post), however, your pictures are spot on accurate of how the shirts will look according to Jami. He is also offering three shirt colors - Tan, Green and a gray-silver.

Did Flush mess with your mind that badly? Smile Wink

Do you need the link to the order htread? It was made into a Global announcement, which appear at the top of every thread.

I guess! I was coming back to delete my post! Check FB... I found him already!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 pm

If you posted in this thread that you wanted shirts please go to the official order thread to post your order. This thread is listed as a global announcement at the top in each of our sub forums. I know there are some folks that posted that they wanted shirts but have not ordered yet and I don't want you to be left out.
Orders must be placed by 11:59pm this Saturday night. Please don't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3