NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trico Neoform wiper blades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Trico Neoform wiper blades Empty
PostSubject: Trico Neoform wiper blades   Trico Neoform wiper blades Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:08 pm

I originally posted my initial review about a year ago on the FB group page but I am going to update here. Last year I was on the search for replacement wiper blades for my FJ and read many reviews on how great the Trico Neoform blades were. So, I decided to give them a try. I originally bought them from wipers123.com and received them in a timely manor. The blades looked great and appeared superior to conventional blades. I installed them and on initial use I was pleased. The blades worked well for several months until fall of this year when the drivers side blade began to streak, skip, and chatter across the windshield. Fast forward to the past month and the drivers side blade has totally failed. I noticed a few weeks back that the wiper strip that makes contact with the glass was starting to deform and turn under which caused the wiper to leave a 2 inch section of the glass uncleared. So today with rain in the forecast I decided to pick up a new replacement from where else? Walmart. I will get to that shortly. When I went to change the Trico blade out I then noticed that the wiping edge had separated from the rest of the wiper. It was about a 3-4 inch section of the actual wiping edge of the blade that had torn and was no longer clearing the windshield. However, despite the failure of the 16" drivers side blade the two 14" middle and passengers side blades are still clearing very well. Infact, they are clearing as well as the replacement blade I purchased today. So in short I did not even get a full year of service from my 16" Trico Neoform blade.

Now for the replacement I bought. I was very close to buying a Bosch blade but decided to give the Michelin Stealth blade a try. This is another beam blade similar to, well, all the beam blades out there. According to the packaging this blade is made by Pylon.
So far I am pleased with this blade. During my driving today it worked very well. I paid a little over $12 tax included for this Michelin blade.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Trico Neoform wiper blades   Trico Neoform wiper blades Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Everything Bosch makes is garbage. That much I can say.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: blades..   Trico Neoform wiper blades Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 pm

so did u buy the michelin stealth? or something else? i guess i thought u bought two different kinds...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Trico Neoform wiper blades   Trico Neoform wiper blades Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Yeah I bought the Michelin Stealth today. I am still using the Trico Neoform on the middle and passenger side wipers though.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: wipers   Trico Neoform wiper blades Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:36 pm

ok gotcha bro..now i understand...cool...my wipers are not great...not bad but im probably gonna need to change them out in a few months....good stuff to know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trico Neoform wiper blades   Trico Neoform wiper blades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trico Neoform wiper blades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Product Reviews :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: