NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gobi Ladder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm

I think I want to add a Gobi Ladder to the FJ...anyone have one for sell? Anyone have one and love it? Can you really use it?
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 pm

I had one for about a year and sold it about a 2 weeks ago. It is rated for 200lbs so most can use it. I found that once I got my All Pro rock rails I never even thought about it. And the reason I ended up getting rid of it was because I wanted to be able to open my rear window for ventilation. If you use your rear window at all, that capability is gone with a ladder.

My $.02
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:01 am

Ah...did not think of that. I have a 3"-4" hook thingy that I put on my rear window so I can open it enough for ventilation for my dog. But I don't usually open it all the way. Do you think I would still be able to open it that far?

Curious, how much you sell it for? Anyone we know?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 am

totald wrote:
I had one for about a year and sold it about a 2 weeks ago. It is rated for 200lbs so most can use it. I found that once I got my All Pro rock rails I never even thought about it. And the reason I ended up getting rid of it was because I wanted to be able to open my rear window for ventilation. If you use your rear window at all, that capability is gone with a ladder.

My $.02

I had not heard that before...That is very good information to know, thx!
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 am

I use this. The large end fits directly into the latch on the door and the other end connects to the "loop" on the glass. I have plasti-dipped it more so it does not rattle. Works great and the dog can now get air but not escape.

Gobi Ladder DSCN6227
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't remember exactly how much you could open it but I am pretty sure it wasn't more than 2 inches. I took a shot in the dark and asked $175 in the blue room and a few people dove on it. I was trying to start high so I could get between $125 and $150. They are only $200 new. They show up on the blue room every so often.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Saw on the Blue Room that the distance is 1 3/4" glass to ladder...not very much. I may have to reconsider.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm

It definitely looks cool, but it is a significant sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gobi Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Gobi Ladder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gobi Ladder
Page 1 of 1