NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CB radio antenna

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:40 pm

I just bought a CB radio off of the blue room & was wondering what type of antenna to buy. magnetic or hard mount to the rear door hinge. Does either one have better reception after getting tuned properly? How high does the hard mount stand above the the roof? Where do I get the hard mount for the hinge?
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Get a hard mounted mount off the back door with a firestik or some other antenna with a tuneable tip, a 3 foot should work fine. Most of the antennas and mounts you can find on amazon for a pretty good deal. I used to have a magnetic mount on my truck it got hit off all the time. Also with a solid mount, the antenna is grounded better allowing for better signal.
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks 85 runner, I just ordered the Bandi mount from All Pro & ant, cable, spring, & quickdisconnect from Walcott. Walcott ofering free shipping makes them the best deal online I could find.

I had no idea I was going to pay more for this setup than I paid for the CB. But no use buying a cheap ant setup just to replace it in few months with a good setup. From what I learned today from a lot of online research, the antenna can make or break the complete setup.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Good choice! I have basically the same set-up on mine and I'm very happy with it so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:50 pm

I got the Firestick, spring, Quick disconnect, & antenna cable from Walcott CB radio sales. Ordered last Friday & received yesterday, (Thursday). Opened up box & took out the contents, There was a Bandi Mount in the box also. I ordered one from AllPro Offroad, I looked it up at Walcott but they said they were no longer available. Not sure what happened here. I haven't received one from AllPro. Possible companys related???? I pulled up my order from Walcott & it wasn't on the order list, I am puzzled.

So I installed the CB system last night, just need the antenna tuned which Speedrye has been nice enough to offer to bring his SWR meter to URE & help me out.

I am using a Uniden PC78 CB. I had a hard time figuring out just where to put it. Since I usually ride with the rear seats lowered, I made a stand for it to sit on the back of the rear seat when layed down & held in place with the hook. Easy to see from the front seat. The stand needs to be bead blasted & painted. Then I will post a pic of the setup.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Auto Solutions wrote:
Good choice! I have basically the same set-up on mine and I'm very happy with it so far.

x2.... except I have a 4' Firestick. Great setup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:24 pm

dsbike wrote:
I got the Firestick, spring, Quick disconnect, & antenna cable from Walcott CB radio sales. Ordered last Friday & received yesterday, (Thursday). Opened up box & took out the contents, There was a Bandi Mount in the box also. I ordered one from AllPro Offroad, I looked it up at Walcott but they said they were no longer available. Not sure what happened here. I haven't received one from AllPro. Possible companys related???? I pulled up my order from Walcott & it wasn't on the order list, I am puzzled.

So I installed the CB system last night, just need the antenna tuned which Speedrye has been nice enough to offer to bring his SWR meter to URE & help me out.

I am using a Uniden PC78 CB. I had a hard time figuring out just where to put it. Since I usually ride with the rear seats lowered, I made a stand for it to sit on the back of the rear seat when layed down & held in place with the hook. Easy to see from the front seat. The stand needs to be bead blasted & painted. Then I will post a pic of the setup.

Whatever happened with the Bandi mount from AllPro?
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
dsbike wrote:

Whatever happened with the Bandi mount from AllPro?

I called AllPro and cancelled the order. If I remember correctly they lost the order and it never got filled. When the guy looked up my order it was in the computer , so he just cancelled it.
Back to top Go down

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Cool but also weird how stuff like that works out I'll be installing mine this weekend so we'll see how it goes for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB radio antenna
Page 1 of 1