NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

will the ford bronco be coming back?

Go down 
+2
Snowdogyyz
tbulluck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

will the ford bronco be coming back? Empty
PostSubject: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:14 am

ran across this today...looks sweet.

http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2011/11/16/return-of-an-icon-18-pictures/

like most auto expos I am sure if it returns it will not be outfitted like this one.
Back to top Go down
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Snowdogyyz

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 am

That looks pretty sweet! I'm a big fan of the old broncos and this looks like a good remake of them. I was just talking to a buddy yesterday about if Ford would release the modern version of the old bronco, they'd have a winner on their hands. I had no idea there were actually doing it!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:48 pm

I've always wondered why a manufacturer hasn't rebuilt a popular model using the same sheet metal with updated underpinnings/safety. Nissan refurbished some 280z models several years back, but I'd like to see a new car.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 am

That is already available and has been for a year or two...

ICON vehicles has been making modern retro vehicles for a while.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:45 am

As stated above Icon is currently building a Bronco. Word is that the company that is stamping the bodies, from the original tooling, will soon be offering just the body. The same company already produces several different Mustang bodies that sell for $15K and up.
Back to top Go down
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Snowdogyyz

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:29 pm

I was hoping Ford would build them so they would be affordable. ICON makes FJ40's and 45's as well. If you have $125k lying around, you can buy one!
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:36 pm

I agree.....a retro bronco for $35,000 may be do-able for the average US market, but not $125,000. I am sure the ICONs are worth every penny (maybe).

Snowdogyyz wrote:
I was hoping Ford would build them so they would be affordable. ICON makes FJ40's and 45's as well. If you have $125k lying around, you can buy one!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Would be nice to see Ford create a Bronco that would pay homage to the original. It was a great vehicle and a classic look. (I am also partial to the International Harvester Scout....It is a shame they were rustbuckets....)
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will the ford bronco be coming back?   will the ford bronco be coming back? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

will the ford bronco be coming back?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: