NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acro HID Foglights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:44 am

I'm running the Acro HID foglights in my Demello bumper and they are stupid bright! I have 8000K(white/bluish) bulbs right now and want to switch to 3000K(yellow) because the yellow is supposed to cut through the fog better...

Here is a pic of the lights after I installed them: (don't mind the huge stick in the middle of the pic...that's my spiderweb catcher on the ATV lol)

Acro HID Foglights 2011-09-20103124
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:15 am

those are BRIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:49 am

I swapped out the bulbs for some 3000K (yellow) because they supposedly cut through the fog better. So far I don't like them.

They are no where near as bright, and the bulb itself is about half the size as the 8000K bulbs, so they reflect differently in the Acro lenses and don't focus the light nearly as well...
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 am

nice vette...sold my 76 in august (not ready to talk about it yet)
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 am

tbulluck wrote:

Take your time, these tragedies take time to overcome...

As far as lighting, did they send the wrong 3000k bulbs? I can't imagine why the bulb size would be so different unless the amount of gas in the bulb has an effect on the color. Are you actually planning on using these lights for fog?
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Speedrye wrote:
tbulluck wrote:

Take your time, these tragedies take time to overcome...

As far as lighting, did they send the wrong 3000k bulbs? I can't imagine why the bulb size would be so different unless the amount of gas in the bulb has an effect on the color. Are you actually planning on using these lights for fog?

The bulbs are the right socket (H3 I think) but the physical length of the glass is shorter...it's odd. Maybe the amount of gas has something to do with the color?

I've been running them all the time at night. I love the extra light.

I mentioned that these 3000K are shorter than the 8000K I previously had and throw light outward more, so running them when it's foggy is almost worse than not having them at all! I think the 8000K bulbs had a better pattern and could actually be beneficial in the fog vs. these 3000K bulbs I have now. ...I plan to switch back.
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:01 am

I have single hoop with the acro lights, love it! What HID kit did you use on the acro's?
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 am

I bought it used but they were the HID's that he ordered from Demello supposedly
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 am

nick check your PMs...
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 am

Oh I see, I thought just maybe there was a kit. I haven't really done any research on it yet though because I am happy with them for now.
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 am

It looks like a universal HID kit you would buy anywhere. I've always had good luck out of the $35 ebay specials with my other vehicles lol
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I will have to check that out, thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Acro HID Foglights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acro HID Foglights   Acro HID Foglights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acro HID Foglights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Product Reviews :: Lighting-
Jump to: