NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello From Afghanistan

Go down 
+9
dsbike
Darklight
David B
bigdogdewey2
Orange Boxx
Scottydog
ncorn38
NC FJ Driver
koehler0311
13 posters
AuthorMessage
koehler0311
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello From Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:04 am

Hello all I am from Charlotte NC, stationed in Jacksonville NC, and deployed to Afghan so I wasn't sure which location to use. When in doubt go big so I will use them all. I have a 2010 FJ which I haven't had a chance to lift or really mod at all. When I get back stateside I will probably do the King OEM 2.5" lift because this is a daily driver so I don't want to get too aggressive. I am quite happy to find a community of FJ'ers in NC and I would like to include in my intro a question. Are there any truly great 4x4 shops in the state? From what I can tell from fjcruiserforums.com is that most of our brethren are on the west coast and thats where a lot of the really good shops are such as demello racing. So if you know of any I would much appreciate the reference. Thanks all! I am excited to join fellow enthusiast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 am

Hey and welcome! Very Happy I don't know of any good shops because my FJ isn't heavily modified, but I do want to say hi and tell you thank you for your service! I am sure you will find what you are looking for here, there are a lot of really knowledgeable people. I hope you make it home safe! And soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:39 am

Welcome and Stay Safe! Gotta get back here and spend some of that Tax Free $!
Back to top Go down
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome! Thank you for your service!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forum...Here in Raleigh there is a 4Wheel Parts store and I get some stuff from them. There is also one on South Boulevard there in Charlotte.

Thanks for your service...
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Stay safe ! Hurry home !
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Marine   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:00 pm

First off let me say thank you from a Vet. Thank you for your service...now...lets get down to business...GET HOME SOON...when are you due to be back stateside? tell us about your FJ...what do you want to do with it...i have the TOYTEC lifts 3" spring lift and love it..no problems with it being a daily driver...good stuff at TOYTEC...and affordable...either way...go with what will make you happy...and enjoy the hell out of that FJ when you get back...

take care

Mike Thompson

Orange Boxx Designs and Fabrication.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Welcome koehler0311, and like Bigdogdewey said, as a vet, I too want to say thank you for your service!

Can't wait till you get stateside some time and join us for a meet!. Stay safe!

David
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service! There is a 4Wheel Parts store here in Charlotte but they would charge you allot to install a lift. There's a little off road shop called Carolina Truggies and a small place in Fort Mill SC called Shade Tree Mechanics that works on modified rigs. I have never used any of these shops for an install. I can not say if they do a good job or not. Depending on what you want done i have some wrenches and a drive way as well as a small moderate trail behind my house. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koehler0311
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 am

Thank you all for the warm greetings. I am looking forward to a URE run when I get back to the states. I have a 2010 FJ AT 4X4 locking diff atrac and all the goodies. I am not modded yet but plan to lift when I get back. I have been trying to decide between the King lift and the Sway Away. I am glad to have found this group and I will let you know when I get back about the trail run.
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:13 am

Welcome & thanks for your service for our freedoms.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 am

You might want to check out Icon or Radflo as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:51 pm

As has been said welcome and most of all THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! This is a good group with a lot of good information!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Welcome Welcome!! Unfortunately, there arent many great shops in the Raleigh/Durham area that Im aware of. Ive had horrible luck with 4 Wheel Parts and dont ever plan on going back... ever. Ill PM you my experience with them if you want. Until I find a great shop, Ill just buy parts online and install them myself.

Anyways, good luck out there, thank you for what you do and GET BACK HOME!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
FonnieJr
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 am

Just curious, is your FJ in storage or sitting at home at the moment? Anyways, come back safe and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am

my mother in-law is in j-ville, there are a few sweet FJCs there for you to roll with. Come home safe and hit me up. I could swing down to jville for the day.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:34 am

Hope you are staying safe and doing well. Thank you for your service from another service member. I just wanted t say by time you get back Orange Box should be going strong and have many things for you to spend your money on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Afghanistan   Hello From Afghanistan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello From Afghanistan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Center Stage :: Introductions-
Jump to: