NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Empty
PostSubject: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:30 am

Hey guys, I just removed my OEM sub and now have two big holes where the sub once fit. Does anyone have the plastic panels that cover those holes or know where I might be able to get them for cheap? I looked online and one place wanted $206!!! For that price Ill fab something up myself. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 pm

I looked through my bookmarks and couldn't find the cheaper ones that I've found in the past. I know they exist, but even "cheaper" was still decently over $100. I found it cheaper to build a storage shelf/sub box all in one and cover the holes that way.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Yeah, I may have to think of something custom to fill that up.

I was also thinking about just trading the sub and switch for someones plastic panels plus $40-$50 if they want the sub. I could always sell it for way more but I would rather help out a local FJ'er.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: two holes   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 pm

hey rolando...what would you think about a P.S.D. on that side?? im sure we can come up with something...give it some thought...let us know ...

Mike

OBDF
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about that (I saw Darrel's post on FB) but I dont have any money to spend right now. If I did, I definitely was interested in the side PSD you guys came up with.

Plus, the holes are in very awkward places (1 vertical, 1 horizontal) and are pretty big... it would have to be a solid piece of metal or things would fall into the wheel well. lol.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Now that you mention it, I covered the lower horizontal hole, but I kept the vertical one on the wall and now use it to store lots of straps and a heavy chain in a nice black craftsman bag that blends in very nicely with the interior. You can't beat the extra storage space there!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 pm

That could work. Id still have to do something about the "shelf" hole. Theyre not horrible, I just dont want to lose stuff in them. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub   Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastic Panels for Removed OEM Sub
Page 1 of 1