NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fix a winch?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Fix a winch? Empty
PostSubject: Fix a winch?   Fix a winch? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Anyone know a place/person in the Triad/Piedmont who can repair winches? I bought a used winch and I hooked it up and can't get to work. It's possible that I just hooked it up wrong. But when I push the switch nothing happens. No clicks, nothing.
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

Fix a winch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix a winch?   Fix a winch? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:23 pm

You could try Five Points Motors in High Point. They do a bunch of aftermarket stuff like Banks Power. Warn Industries has them listed as "Red Letter Dealer" meaning they are supposed to be top in sales and service for Warn Winches. I bet they they can fix whatever brand you have. Here's their link http://www.fivepointsmotor.com/

Another option is call one of the bigger tow truck companies around the area. Of course they have winches on their tow trucks and I'm sure they have to be serviced and could tell you where.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Fix a winch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix a winch?   Fix a winch? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:51 am

a compadre swung by his local truckers toy store, the guy walked out of hte back and gave it the once over (for free--guess they were slow) turned out he did not wire it in correctly.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

Fix a winch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix a winch?   Fix a winch? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 am

sounds like a dead solenoid or its not wired correctly.... I can check it out for you one day next week if you bring it over to winston.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fix a winch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fix a winch?   Fix a winch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fix a winch?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: