NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels

Go down 
+6
tbulluck
ncorn38
Orange Boxx
NC FJ Driver
David B
ULTIMATEcruiser
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Empty
PostSubject: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Unfortunately the FJ is not so clean but I managed to get some pictures with the new Black Rack wheels and my 285/70/17 Duratrac tires. My wife is the amateur photographer on these. I love the look of these wheels and the tires are so much better than my OEM BFG TA KO tires. My FJ rides so smooth and the quirky wandering on the highway has diminished a great deal. It is simply amazing how much a set of wheels and tires can change the look of a vehicle. Even my co-workers are impressed with the look of my FJ now. I am in love with my ride all over again. Like I mentioned in Rolando's Duratrac thread, the new wheels and tires weigh about 2.5 to 3lbs lighter than my 16" TRD wheels and BFG tires. I was surprised. The tires do rub when I have the wheels turned at about 45 degrees either direction and more so when back out of my driveway. I imagine that removing the front splash guards would eliminate that. I noticed also there is only like a fingernails thickness between the back side of the spokes on the front wheels and the brake calipers. I included a picture of that as well.
So, check out my pics and see what you think. The quality of the pictures is not the greatest due to photo bucket hosting.

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0575-1

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0578

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0580

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0577

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0582

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0593

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0598

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels DSC_0608
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:37 pm

DAAAAAAMN Jami!!!!! Looks GREAT!!!!

Did you ever consider blacking out your silver parts? That would only add to the effect!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:00 pm

That looks bad-Buh-tox! I do have to admit I am partial to the black wheel/DuraTrac look Very Happy !

I agree w/David, blacking out the silver would look way more better!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 pm

While I have entertained the thought of blacking out the silver bits I think I would be wasting my time. I do plan at some point in the future to replace the bumpers. I have my eye on the Expedition One front bumper as it is right now. If and when bumper replacement occurs I will most likely look into either painting or swapping out the mirrors and door handles. Glad you guys like it. I love it!!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
While I have entertained the thought of blacking out the silver bits I think I would be wasting my time. I do plan at some point in the future to replace the bumpers. I have my eye on the Expedition One front bumper as it is right now. If and when bumper replacement occurs I will most likely look into either painting or swapping out the mirrors and door handles. Glad you guys like it. I love it!!

Absolutely, this looks Baaaad-Asssss Wink
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:47 am

Dude !!! That thing looks awesome !!!!! Where did you get those sweet wheels ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:32 am

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 am

Looks awesome Jami I guess ill need to be getting some wheels before to long!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Quote :
Dude !!! That thing looks awesome !!!!! Where did you get those sweet wheels ?

Wheel and tire package ordered from discount tire direct. Got a killer deal on the wheels.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 pm

that does look GOOD....those BR wheels look good (clean, muddy, or covered in brake dust).

wish I had a fancy NCFJ sticker for my back glass Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Man Jami, those pics are GREAT. That tire/wheel combo really does make a huge difference. How are the Duratracs treating you so far?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm

tbulluck wrote:

Me too! What a Face
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Quote :
Hopefully you guys who don't have a group sticker will get one. We may be up for a sticker re-design in the not to distant future.

Rolando, I love these tires so far. They are ride so much smoother than my BFG's. I hope they continue to ride well and last for a long time. At least until I get my FJ paid for.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
Quote :
Hopefully you guys who don't have a group sticker will get one. We may be up for a sticker re-design in the not to distant future.

Rolando, I love these tires so far. They are ride so much smoother than my BFG's. I hope they continue to ride well and last for a long time. At least until I get my FJ paid for.

We may have a member looking into that very thing (stickers) as we speak........
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 am

@ Jami, Im glad you like the tires!! Tires are such a subjective topic and I was hoping you were going to like them as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 pm

What's the back spacing on the wheels?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Thats a good question.... they do seem to be set a bit wider.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Jami, are you running wheel spacers?
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:07 pm

No Rolando, the offset on the wheels is 0 and they are 8" wide where the stock wheels are 7.5" wide. My stock wheels have a 15mm offset btw.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh ok. Man, Im still drooling over those!! lol. I think after the holidays Ill start buying them one at a time as money frees up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
Oh ok. Man, Im still drooling over those!! lol. I think after the holidays Ill start buying them one at a time as money frees up.

Money Tree!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:17 pm

You must have missed the "buying 1 at a time" part. If Im lucky, Ill have all 5 by next summer. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Got it... Moneybags.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 am

Since the first time I saw those wheels I've wanted them. First set of black wheels that I have really liked for my FJ aside from the TT wheels.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Black Rock II   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Agreed Dave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels   Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Year Duratracs & Black Rock wheels
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next