NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Hello from Charlotte NC

Go down 
+5
bigdogdewey2
lrgrnr
David B
ncorn38
viztang
9 posters
AuthorMessage
viztang
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello from Charlotte NC Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:55 am

Hey guys,

Glad to be onboard with a 07 Voodoo! Just picked it up in Charlotte 3 weeks ago and took it to blue ridge last weekend...Loving it..

Looking to do some POR-15 to protect its chassis. Good idea?

Hello from Charlotte NC IMG_3926Hello from Charlotte NC IMG_3927
Back to top Go down
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 am

Welcome!! I have heard only good things about the POR-15 but have no experiance with it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am

Welcome! Glad to see you on our forum!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:56 am

Use Chasis Saver.......its cheaper and (IMO) better. Also works great for a primer for their Monster Liner which is bullet proof!

http://www.magnetpaints.com/underbody.asp

Also if you're a member of Pirate4x4.com you get free shipping, a free quart of Chasis Saver with the 1 gallon Monster Liner Kit and other awesome deals.
Back to top Go down
viztang
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks much for the info! This seems pretty good. So it doesn't need any degreaser and metal adhesive, right? I found they have some local stores too, which is much better than just online shopping. I am going to check one out later this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello from nearby. I have nothing to offer about this underbody topic, but look forward to seeing the finished product.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: welcome   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:31 pm

welcome to the forum...hope to see you out on the roads and trails soon...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Welcome to the boards!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Welcome and I say use the POR-15 and post up a full report!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Welcome aboard!!

2014 Ultimate Edition Trail Teams
Jami Stanley
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Glad to see another Charlotte local on the boards! Very Happy I know you're gana love your FJ! I am in the Steele Creek area of Charlotte near River Gate. What year is your FJ?

As far as the undercoating for your vehicle. I have used Rustoleum underbody rubberized spray and Rustoleum Truck bed for the frame on my 4Runner with good success. It was an easy process and affordable. POR-15 would be a better product though.
Back to top Go down
FonnieJr
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 am

Let us know how the por15/chassis saver goes. My friend used por15 and he seems to love it, but i haven't seen his FJ since he put it on (he lives states away). I just remember him telling me to wear old clothes and gloves when you use the stuff, it gets messy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Charlotte NC   Hello from Charlotte NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Charlotte NC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Center Stage :: Introductions-
Jump to: