NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Current Uwharrie maps

Go down 
+2
NC FJ Driver
crogers6569
6 posters
AuthorMessage
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

Most Current Uwharrie maps Empty
PostSubject: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Most Current Uwharrie maps Uwharrie1_Topo_v5_200dpi_100-100
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:56 am

I likey, now if I can just find time to go verify the accuracy!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

That's a map that Southeast Overland assisted Two Springs Consulting with. The trail lines came from the USFS. We need to make a few updates for an upcoming event in the spring which will fix a few small issues we have spotted on the map while wheeling at URE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:48 am

I like that you have the old map in the back ground with the old trails in it like Gold Min Trail and Rattlesnake Trail.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 pm

lrgrnr wrote:
I like that you have the old map in the back ground with the old trails in it like Gold Min Trail and Rattlesnake Trail.

That is the USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle map. Often the layers on the USGS maps are 2-5 decades old. That hurts in some areas but on the flip side shows you some neat old stuff.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 pm

We hiked those old trails this past saturday. Pretty neat to get out and see them.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm

I thought I would post this up here They have made some minor changes to the trail system. Some where changing the trail numbers.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1003118&postcount=29

Most Current Uwharrie maps Badinlaketrailmapapril2
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:54 pm

I like Steve's map better. Maybe we will get an updated version of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Darklight wrote:
I like Steve's map better. Maybe we will get an updated version of it. Very Happy

I'm already working on it! Very Happy The map layers I work from are direct from the USFS so they 'should' be spatially correct but I have modified them a bit in a few areas to make them more accurate. I'm also adding trail direction arrows on a few trails and updating the legend.

If there is anything y'all want to see let me know and I'll work it in.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm

New trail opening in 2012?! That is a good sign towards longevity of the park.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Lake View trail...probably not much in the way of obstacles there...unles it gets wet from som feeder streams?
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Scottydog wrote:
Lake View trail...probably not much in the way of obstacles there...unles it gets wet from som feeder streams?

lol......you must be new to the way the forestry system works and cuts trails.

In no way will they open up a trail with a creeks or streams running into it.

It is just an existing trail that was approved for reopening. It was closed back in '92ish, we are working on the reopen of 2 more trails currently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be a difficult one. I have only been doing this wheelin thing for a year now, and I can already see myself getting a little bored with some of the trails. I guess I am going to have to drop a lot more money into the FJ and take it to some of the more challenging parks in neighboring states. Can't determine if this is good or bad.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm

No need to dump a bunch of money in it, just wheel it!

There are plenty of more challenging private parks within a 4-5 hr ddrive of central NC.

Ure is fun in moderation. Run Daniel-over to Kodak-Dickey Bell-then Dutch John in that order is a good trail run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Current Uwharrie maps   Most Current Uwharrie maps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Current Uwharrie maps
Page 1 of 1