NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

quick URE run labor day weekend.

Go down 
+8
NC FJ Driver
FJerYuri
Darklight
bigdogdewey2
Scottydog
dbronzo
Orange Boxx
crogers6569
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Ok guys Im gonna try to find a spot alongside falls dam or wolfs den and set up a small campsite. If anyone wants to join me look for the silver 4th gen 4 runner and a small campfire. Ill probably arrive around 7-7:30.

trail passes can be purchased at eldorado outpost for 5$ a day or 25 for a year.

camping is available in a campground at Arrowhead campground or on the trails for free.

I will be heading down the outpost around 8 to get some breakfast and pack my lunch/prep my truck for the day.

Once again if your arriving saturday morning I generally park in the grass at the far end of the parking lot to gather a group. If you have a CB I will keep mine on channel 9 and I will keep my FRS radio on channel 4.

If anyone wants my cell number just PM me. Ill get in touch with you.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: CROGERS   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 pm

looking forward to meeting you and everyone else...so we will see you at 9 am at the eldorado outpost...ill pm you for a number...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: time table   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there...

9 am meet up time

930 am leave the eldorado outpost...
That should give everyone that is wanting to join up plenty of time to meet and greet...if anyone needswants my phone number here it is...336-442-5824....

By the way my name is mike Thompson...

Hope to see u all on Saturday...
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Yuri Singleton coming from China Grove in white FJ
704-791-0529

Meeting Brian7758 at Porkys BBQ for breakfast at 7:30(ish) in China Grove.
(is that right Brian?)

I may have a couple of passengers with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:58 pm

I am a no-go for breakfast, but I should be at Porky's between 7:45 and 8.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Brian if you cant make breakfast then feel free to arrive later at the restaurant, like say 8am. I'll be there to eat at 7:30 if you change your mind. See you soon bro!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 pm

I should be there Saturday...if I am the wife will be and she'll insist on driving some!Very Happy

Be in the white FJ seen to the left!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:03 am

ok so for anyone looking to camp... Im going to try for a spot on wolfs den. Ill have my 4runner and small trailer at one of the switchbacks with a nice large flat area off to the left of the trail.

To get there follow the forest service road straight down until you get to the wolfs den trail head follow wolfs den down till you see me on your left.

the rest of you I will see saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: excited   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am

honestly cant wait for tomorrow to be over...its been a whole since i got to play offroad and im really looking forward to this...crogers...your avatar is KILLING me!! lol...anyway loos as if there is gonna be a fair turnout for the ride ...i talked to another buddy of mine and he said that he might meet us down there...he does drive a heep (jeep) though...nice one all the same...i would camp friday night but since my wife is out of town noone would be here to take care of the dogs...maybe next time...
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:09 am

Getting ecited about this trip. Me & my wife are heading out tonight after work. Chad i'll be on the look out for your silver 4Runner. Should get there around 7:00-7:30 tonight and hopefully i will have enough daylight left to set up my tent lol. This will be my first time riding with a group and i'm syked about it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 am

Im planning on leaving winston around 6 heading down there.... Since its just me and possibly my dog if my brother cant keep her I wont be setting up a tent. Just crshin gin in the back of my runner.
Back to top Go down
dbronzo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:25 am

Not gonna make this one, I having issues with the rear locker and can't get it fixed before this weekend. Will have to try and make another one later this year.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: LOCKER??   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 pm

You dont need no stinkeen locker!! whats wrong with it? not engaging?
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:08 pm

glad you said it...

Im packed and heading out. Going to stop and eat with the parents on teh way down so should be in the camp site at 7
Back to top Go down
dbronzo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:20 pm

I need a locker for the lines I like to run out there. The locker is leaking from the rear diff breather and not engaging.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: locker   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:00 pm

sorry to hear that bro...hope its not a big deal to fix...maybe next time im sure...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Looks like the guys camping are about to be hit by a good storm! Looks most of the rain is to the west of the park, but there might be just enough to make things a little more interesting tomorrow.

The green monster is prepped and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: ready to go   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 pm

yeah im ready all i got to do is fix my lunches and pack the truck tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:30 am

Hope all the campers weathered any storms that might've rolled through! I'm up, first cuppa Joe done, fix'n to load the cooler and will be headed thata way shortly.

El Dorado at 0900 in an Iceburg White Cruiser!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: on my way   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 am

ill be leaving here in about 30 min...got to let the dogs have their morning constitutional...very excited about today...see ya'll soon...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Just got back and what a day! Sunny, a little muggy but certainly not a smoker. Already knew Chad, met Mike, Bob and Lisa, Brian and Chad II! Four FJ's, two Iceburg White, one being a TT, and two Army Green, one of those a TT (I think just one!) and two 4 Runners. Cant wait to see the pics (Lisa:D ) and wheel with you guys again!
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:47 pm

What an outstanding day! Thanks to everyone for coming out and showing me the ropes and rocks! GOD I LOVE THIS FJ!! I would look up at the jagged rocks on what looked like a sheer cliff and think how in the heck am I going to make it up THAT!? And then once I got going and following the directions of some great spotting work, the FJ just bounced up and over everything like a magic carpet! WHOO HOO! A great great day!

LISA! Tell us when you will be able to upload or share the pics and vids for today! And thanks for recording us!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: had alot of fun   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 pm

today was one helluva day..i had a blast...first time i had the fj off road and i was amazed at what the truck can do...thanks to everyone there...you all made it the best day ive had in a loooong long time...cant wait to see all the pictures and get some of my own posted...right now im just too tired to do it...again..had a blast guys ...thanks so much!!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: hey bobby and lisa   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 pm

all the pics that i took i for some how cant get off my computer...werent many maybe 15 but my camera is not linking with the computer...i cant wait to see all the pics you got from today...

Great riding with you guys today...have to do it again soon and next time my wife will be there...she has already promised me...lol
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Where are the pics Lisa took? ....Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick URE run labor day weekend.   quick URE run labor day weekend. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick URE run labor day weekend.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: Individual Trail Rides-
Jump to: