NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryland from Thomasville

Go down 
+2
ULTIMATEcruiser
rylandnc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

Ryland from Thomasville Empty
PostSubject: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Coming over from the FB group. Got my 2011 Army Green FJ about 3 months ago and still loving it. It's my daily driver and I have lots on my wish list. But I also bought a camper to drag behind it so mods will have to wait for the bank account to catch up. Until then, I'll be hitting the campgrounds and OBX as much as I can get away from work.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey Ryland, you are across the woods from me. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

rylandnc wrote:
Coming over from the FB group. Got my 2011 Army Green FJ about 3 months ago and still loving it. It's my daily driver and I have lots on my wish list. But I also bought a camper to drag behind it so mods will have to wait for the bank account to catch up. Until then, I'll be hitting the campgrounds and OBX as much as I can get away from work.

Hey Ryland! Great to see you over here! Thanks

David
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Welcome man! Cant wait to see that camper in action one day!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:42 pm

What size camper and how does teh FJ do towing it in the mountains
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:52 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
What size camper and how does the FJ do towing it in the mountains

Can't answer your exact question, however, i can tell you I have been told the FJ can safely tow 5000 lbs. (I am looking to get a Popup camper, which is way under 5k lbs....
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Im looking into a small self contained that I can lift and take it on easy trails with me, something in the 20-24 ft range and am always looking for ideas and suggestions.
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:44 am

I have a Rockwood Roo hybrid. It's a 19 footer that is a 25 footer when the beds are opened out. It's a good way to get a bigger camper in a smaller / lighter package. Plus is has all the conveniences of home. The camper has a 3,600# dry weight. My guess is I'm at about 4,000 - 4,200 # loaded. Only had it about 6 weeks and haven't been to the mountains yet. I have gone down Hwy 64 between Thomasville and Asheboro which has some hard hill pulls and the FJ did good.

The FJ won't break any speed records pulling a box of this size but it does good and handles great. I've learned that in hilly areas it does best if you keep it out of overdrive and cruise about 62 mph (about 2400 RPM). I learn more as I go more Smile
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:04 pm

Hmm I might have to look into this... I really want a camper I can park in the woods at Uwharrie
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:17 am

you may want to built what you want, 5x8 trailer, springs with good tires and wheels, rigid top, barn door tailgate for loading gear, with a roof top tent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryland from Thomasville   Ryland from Thomasville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryland from Thomasville
Page 1 of 1