NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little LT :)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

Little LT :) Empty
PostSubject: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey guys!
Been having alot of fun lately thought I'd share Very Happy 
Still have a little bit to get done before he'll be up and running but one step at a time.
Hoping just brake lines and components, mounting one of the bypasses, and a "major" alignment is all we have left. My friend in the picture has been a huge help in this project, can't say enough about how great of a guy he is (we have pulled a couple pretty long days and late nights Shocked)
Hopefully in a week or so I will have some more pictures to throw up, and be driving it around!
Enjoy!

Little LT :) IMG_1595_zps816f6270

Little LT :) IMG_1605_zps006ca332

Little LT :) IMG_1606_zpscc5cf17f

Little LT :) IMG_1604_zps321d3c65

Little LT :) IMG_1637_zpsf870b826

Little LT :) IMG_1681_zps67f8d9d4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:09 am

Looking really nice. Can't wait to see the final product.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Where are you doing the work?
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:53 pm

My friend has access to a shop after hours in Aberdeen, really nice to have a lift and everything. Makes it kinda hard to work on sometimes though because we've had to just make it roll a few times and push it out so it wasn't in the way. 
Still beats jack stands in a driveway Very Happy (or parking lot:lol!: )
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Swerllz wrote:
My friend has access to a shop after hours in Aberdeen, ...
 Nice, I wish the Auto Hobby Shops on Fort Bragg were still open just so I'd have access to an impact wrench!
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:38 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:

Nice, I wish the Auto Hobby Shops on Fort Bragg were still open just so I'd have access to an impact wrench!
 Wait they closed them? I went there about a year and a half ago, but haven't really needed to go back since. That was a great thing they had going!
Back to top Go down
Ninjafoot
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Ninjafoot

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm

the one on bragg is still open.  i think the one on pope is also open still
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:59 am

Swerllz wrote:
NC FJ Driver wrote:

Wait they closed them? I went there about a year and a half ago, but haven't really needed to go back since. That was a great thing they had going!
Ninjafoot wrote:
the one on bragg is still open.  i think the one on pope is also open still
Where at? Question  The ones on Yadkin Extension and Son Tay have been closed forever (years).
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm

I know one is on Blackjack St which is on the side east of Bragg Blvd. You have to take Honeycutt across Bragg, take the first right on Watson, left on Transportation, right on Blackjack and follow it down till you see signs for it on the left, it is back off the street behind another building. If I remember right you make the turn just before a little two story building (only one in the area). Not sure where the Pope on is..
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Swerllz wrote:
I know one is on Blackjack St which is on the side east of Bragg Blvd. You have to take Honeycutt across Bragg, take the first right on Watson, left on Transportation, right on Blackjack and follow it down till you see signs for it on the left, it is back off the street behind another building. If I remember right you make the turn just before a little two story building (only one in the area). Not sure where the Pope on is..
 Thanks, I'll check it out this week...been at Bragg off and on since '82 and didn't know there was anything on that side of Bragg Laughing (jk!)  Would definitely make the bash plate/winch mount swap out much, much easier!
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:17 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
 Thanks, I'll check it out this week...been at Bragg off and on since '82 and didn't know there was anything on that side of Bragg Laughing (jk!)  Would definitely make the bash plate/winch mount swap out much, much easier!

Haha In your defense, just since I have been here there have been some pretty dramatic changes. I could only imagine since '82! But yeah that would probably help out a great deal!
Back to top Go down
Ninjafoot
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Ninjafoot

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 am

taking honeycutt across bragg blvd turn right on logistics st (i think).  go down to t-intersection then take a right. then to light take a left and its down there on the left.  its down by the new cif building.  not sure where popes is but i know its still open and perhaps nicer...go figure...
Back to top Go down
Ninjafoot
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Ninjafoot

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am

Swerllz wrote:
 haha maybe i should have read first!!! what he said /\/\/\
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Ninjafoot wrote:
Swerllz wrote:
 haha maybe i should have read first!!! what he said /\/\/\
lol!  Hey maybe your way is better, like I said its been over a year and a half since I went there and it was only one time.
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Just wishing I could finish him up...

Little LT :) Null_zps0825eb26
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am

Haha, so sad looking...  I still love that RR snorkel though...
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Haha he isn't nearly as sad looking as the first time we had to roll him outta the shop lol i'll have to post up a picture, and thanks I really enjoy the snorkel!
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 pm

He is finally mobile again Smile no for lots of testing and checking...

Little LT :) IMG_1693_zpsb249b614

Little LT :) IMG_1694_zps9de7f748

Little LT :) IMG_1698_zps0ab5b1c0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Nice Quicksand!Very Happy  I saw that over in the blue room!
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Haha thanks! Yeah I bounce around when I get the chance and have the time Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 pm

haha I had to take a second look when I first saw it. it looked so much like ours once upon a time...Laughing
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 pm

I know right, amazing the change that they can go through, I think we even have the same roof light mount if I remember right. I just haven't had a chance to put mine back on yet. I am taking a vacation then maybe when I get back I will get to work putting it back on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:52 pm

cool, if your going to keep the OEM rack on, look in my build thread for those white nylon spacers that fit into the deep holes in the rack foot very well! way better than the steel spacers that were oblong when I got my N fab bar used...
I`m rack-less now, but kept the N fab with the BP lights and the beacon. and modified those white spacers to fit in the mounting area on the roof.
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 am

Nice, yeah I will have to check that out. I never really liked those steel ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 am

if your logged in, post number 16 on the 1st page.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/158667-shiba-cruiser-pale-rider.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little LT :)   Little LT :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little LT :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: Member Builds-
Jump to: