NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

GX owner build thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GX470
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
GX470

GX owner build thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
A.) That rack looks fantastic!  Very clean and functional!
B.) Your wife seems like one cool gal.  Surprised
A.) Thanks you. Im pretty happy with it myself. I'll fine tune my skills and maybe these can be built to order. Not to hard changing the measurements if anyone wants one but maybe in a different size/style.

B.) Oh yeah she is Smile
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Well I'm actually about to replace my ARB half rack with an ARB full rack next week... but I would be interested in one thing... a small ladder that can be hung from the side of the rack, but then mounted to the roof rack when not in use... it'd be a super easy design!  Whatcha think??
Back to top Go down
GX470
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
GX470

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Well I'm actually about to replace my ARB half rack with an ARB full rack next week... but I would be interested in one thing... a small ladder that can be hung from the side of the rack, but then mounted to the roof rack when not in use... it'd be a super easy design!  Whatcha think??
sounds doable. Just need to get some more 1" and 3/4" tubing to work with (Im all out). Send me a PM when you get the rack mounted and maybe we can meet up and take some dimensions and discuss design ideas.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Will do!  Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Sounds like you guys are going to have a good time. 

Marten,  the GX looks great!
Back to top Go down
GX470
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
GX470

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

Im almost done with the sliders. Please have a look and let me know what you think.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/120-series-toyotas/749918-boo471-build-5.html

//Marten
Back to top Go down
GX470
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
GX470

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:33 am

j.dorton wrote:
Sounds like you guys are going to have a good time. 

Marten,  the GX looks great!
Howdy!

So your on this forum as well! Yeah Brett has been a great helper with cutting and grinding. For some reason I decided to build a couple of fairly complex sliders which took some thinking to get everything right. So an extra brain did help out.

//Marten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GX owner build thread   GX owner build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GX owner build thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: Member Builds-
Jump to: