NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let down from ICON and Demello

Go down 
+5
Crazy Hube
Speedrye
DamnItsAGlasgow
MadToy
MCRobertson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

Let down from ICON and Demello Empty
PostSubject: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:31 am

Well as most of you know I put the Icon stage one lift on my rig a few months ago. (extended travel) Well I walked outside yesterday and for whatever reason I happened to look under the truck and saw a running puddle. Yes that's right my passenger side shock is blown and dumping all of it's oil. This truck has been on minor trails nothing more than logging roads really and has only been installed months. Anyway I called Demello who is the distributor I bought from and they said it was under warranty. However they want me to cover all the shipping in both ways and my truck would be out of service for probably two weeks. I am completely let down with Icon and Demello. I thought vendors were supposed to get out of the way to make a bad part right with as little inconvenience to the customer. Guess not....Your thoughts on my complaining? Am I right or being a diva? lol
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:03 am

I would contact Icon directly.  Their customer service will be better than Demello.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 am

You are absolutely right... that's ridiculous that they want you to pay BOTH WAYS (because I'd be pissed about paying just one way).  I feel like I've read a couple other threads recently talking about the DO's bad customer service as well.  Bad customer service = my refusal of future business.  Outstanding customer service = please take all my money!  This is why I believe ARB/Old Man Emu stands above the rest.  Those people are all friendly as can be and go above and beyond for each customer.  Hope you get this crappy situation settled man, that's just a huge PITA! Mad
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 am

I'm hoping icon is going to do a little better at making it right. I'm so irritated with the customer service at Demello that the bad shock is the least of it. I'll keep everyone posted. I plan to speak with Demello owner in the Blue room also to see if he will do more before I post in the Blue room.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:54 am

Good thinking! The last thing he'll want is someone turning others away from his business! Esp. over a bad shock!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am

I've heard several issues with Icon shocks failing with little abuse.  Mine have been perfect with 50k miles on them (knock on wood).  Definitely talk to Jason and see if this is something he'll help you with or not, then go to Icon.  I doubt Icon will help because they've screwed a lot of people on shocks on the FJs.  When they released the newer shocks, they would no longer warranty the older style.  Very uncool.

I'll vouch for ARB's service though.  They're very slow with shipping from down under, but they take care of their customers!  Heck, I bought my ARB bumper used and they still covered parts under warranty for free!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

I've never dealt with Demello, and won't, just from the negative reviews about their customer service over on Taco World.  These folks don't realize how much business they lose from incidents like these.
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:43 am

Yea I wanted the sliders they have and it was convenient to do the ucas and all at won't but I wish someone would have told me not to.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Caveat Emptor

Hopefully Icon will help you out!
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm

IMO they should just send you a new shock without question and provide a return label and paid shipping for you to send the old one back.
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:15 pm

That is exactly what I thought they would say Derek a whole strut assembled or worst case the shock to swap on the coil over. Then I send the old one back.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:15 pm

I'll play the Devil's advocate here.  Give Jason a chance to do something about it.  This is the down side of carrying the products of other manufacturers.  It is also the price you pay as a retailer for carrying said products.  This is why in most cases the warranty on something like this is handled by the manufacturer and not the retailer.

Icon may not be willing to cover the loss of the shock to Jason, so he gets stuck eating it.  For this reason, I would suggest going straight to Icon.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Its a shame, but an all to familiar story today...customer service, the 'customer is always right,' stand behind out product..., all going the way of the dinosaur very quickly Evil or Very Mad...when I find a vendor who stands behind their product/service, I stick with them...good luck in getting satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I did contact Jason over email and have not heard back yet. I asked that a new and not rebuilt shock be sent to me and I would return his once mine was installed. If he did not have the bad one returned in a reasonable amount of time to just charge my card for the replacement. Not sure what to expect.
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 am

Heard back from Jason and he informed me that there policy is to have the shock shipped back to them they would have it rebuilt and they would then send it back to me. My truck would be on jack stands for close to two weeks because they would not get "refunded" for the new shock if they sent me a new one and I returned the new bad one. So with all that being said I would never recommend anyone to buy anything from them. I think that is garbage customer service and has irritated me so bad that I have forgotten about the bad shock that is only months old. With that being said I think I'm going to put a review of Demello in the blue room so everyone else can know what to expect from them if they have a problem with a part that they distribute.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:03 am

Sorry to hear it, was hoping for a positive outcome for you. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 am

Such is life. I guess I don't have to worry to much on there bumper now...I won't be purchasing anything else from them. Looks like dewey will be getting my business now. I was torn between Demello and one of his.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:37 am

Hate you had to deal with this and it didn't work out but on a brighter note, you'll be more then happy with the customer service you get from Mike!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Dang man, I can't believe he wouldn't even make an exception being that it was practically brand new! But at least you know this... us FJ'ers stick together, so their bad reputation will be spread to many, many others. KARMA BEYOTCH!

I think you'll be happier with a CUSTOM bumper from Mike anyways though! I'm considering selling my ARB roof rack and seeing what Mike can put together for me as well... (Ya hear that Mike?!)
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 am

Just an update. I pulled the coil over last Friday and overnighted it to Demello so they would have it Monday and it could be rebuilt "Tuesday". Well it wasn't worked on till Thursday and I still have not seen it. I emailed them this past Monday (5th) and was told it was supposed to have been mailed out but never got a confirmation as to that actually happening. I will say that I will discourage everyone that considers anything from Demello because they have been a real let down in the customer service side of things. What a joke.......and the lift has yet to see a trail.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:57 am

MCRobertson wrote:
Just an update. I pulled the coil over last Friday and overnighted it to Demello so they would have it Monday and it could be rebuilt "Tuesday". Well it wasn't worked on till Thursday and I still have not seen it. I emailed them this past Monday (5th) and was told it was supposed to have been mailed out but never got a confirmation as to that actually happening. I will say that I will discourage everyone that considers anything from Demello because they have been a real let down in the customer service side of things. What a joke.......and the lift has yet to see a trail.

Noted!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let down from ICON and Demello   Let down from ICON and Demello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let down from ICON and Demello
Page 1 of 1