NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for the response man! However, I do already have lights wired up there haha

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Rack210

I'm wanting to know if I can snip those lights off and hook the new ones up to the existing wire... I would really rather not have to rewire everything all over again, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Gotcha.

How many wires do you have going up to those lights feeding juice and what is the model of those lights? Are the wires/harness you currently use stock for the IPF lights?

A 21.5" double stack bar is rated at 120 W and 8.2 A (12 V).

A 7.5" double stack bar is rated at 36 W and 2.2 A (12 V).
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 pm

The lights are the just the basic IPF 55watt driving lights, and the previous owner had them installed professionally.  I know for a fact that the two inner lights are wired to one OEM Toyota switch, and the outer lights to another.  

As far as the wiring harness goes, I will have to double check, but I don't think he had the company use the stock IPF wiring harness.  The guy seemed to always have the best of everything installed electronically, so I feel like the wiring might be a little heavier gauge as well.

With that being said, it seems to me that I would just have to make sure the inner light harness could handle the 21.5" bar.  The 7.5" bars don't seem to draw enough power compared to a 55watt light (unless I'm missing something with how these things work) to pose any threats.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 pm

I assume you would be OK, but without being there, pulling wires, etc I can't guarantee it. Very Happy:D

I'm itching to get a 41.5" bar on the roof, but I have to get a prototype mount through manufacturing first. Man things like that take a loooooong time!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:01 pm

I hear ya! I would not mind going with a single 41.5" either... but just like you, I'd have to have some specialty mount, I assume, because the vertical bars that run from the top row of my ARB rack to the bottom. Don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:15 pm

All the light bars mount VERY simply - with two feet - one on each side. Each foot has one bolt. All you need to do is attach one bolt to each side of the rack.

How wide is your rack? I like the KISS method. Weld two small light tabs on the front of the lower bar on your rack and install the rack directly to those. If you don't want to order light tabs just pick up a short piece of 1" flat stock steel, cut about a 2-3" piece, drill a mounting hole in each, and weld to the rack. If you don't weld you can probably get someone to do that for cheap.

Or - BajaRack makes a light clamp for 1" tube. BR-LTCLAMP1-0. MSRP is $20 each. A bit steep but they work. They are powder coated. You might have to bend the mounting tab where the light attaches which isn't hard but it could crack the powder coating. I might be able to get them without powder for you.

Welding some simple light tabs might be the best bet.

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 69654_11
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Yeah I don't weld, so I'd have to get someone to do that, but I also like those clamps. What gauge wire do you think would be required for a 41.5" bar?
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm

The 41.5" bar is 17 amps so 12 gauge should do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm

And we have a 41.5" combo bar sitting in the store now. :-)
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 am

Southeast Overland wrote:
And we have a 41.5" combo bar sitting in the store now. :-)

Not gonna lie... that is VERY tempting. I am heading to the beach tomorrow after work, so I will be contemplating this until I get back with a decision on Monday. I still think I'm leaning more towards the 7.5" - 21.5" - 7.5" across the top.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 am

Either approach would work - going with the one 41.5" bar or the combo 7.5" - 21.5" - 7.5". Either would allow you to run all spot, all flood, or a combo. Running multiple lights does allow you some more adjustment for projection and would look cool.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Plus they would be able to mount more inside the front of the ARB rack using the three lights, rather than in front with the 41.5"

(p.s sorry I have turned your thread into basically a one-on-one convo haha.  At least your post is getting bumped constantly! cheers)
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 pm

No worries at all!

Good point on the mounting. It would take a little more on the prep side but you would have the mobility to mount them more places.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Well then in that case, here's another question for ya!  You got any of the CREE LED's in stock?  I had it in my head that they were to short (height-wise) to fill in the space on my roof rack, but the description on your site says they're still considerably tall at 4.25" (I assume that's with the mounting feet included).  Have you ever seen someone put that style on a roof rack, and is it even useful that high up?  I honestly don't know as much about that style, but they look cool as crap!
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:00 pm

We don't have the CREE LEDs in stock currently but the warehouse does and I can have those shipped directly to you, still free shipping. I've done that several times this month.

I believe that is with the mounting feet.

Yes, I've seen these on a roof rack. I don't see any reason the CREEs would not be useful on a roof rack. Same idea as the double stacks. The CREEs cost a bit more but put out more light then the double stacks.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Yeah I like the output they have, but I think they might be a little too slim to fit my aesthetic needs. Double stack it is!
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Index

This is a 21.5" double stack lit up on the front of the shop's FJ.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:20 pm

That'll do just fine!
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm

A customer came by yesterday and ended up leaving with a 13.5" spot bar for his Liberty. I took him outside to show him my 21.5" combo bar lit up during the day. If you are ANYWHERE near the front of the bar and you look into the light you have an instant headache. It was insane.
Back to top Go down
CUFisherman
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:44 am

Here is a photo of a 41.5" Light Bar that we hooked up in the shop. We have a contraption that allows us to turn on any light here in the shop. Come check it out.

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Index
Back to top Go down
CUFisherman
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Here is a video of a 41.5" LED Bar being turned on and off a few times.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:51 am

Here is a quick little on road demo of a Lifetime LED 21.5" combo (flood and spot) pattern bar.

Back to top Go down
CUFisherman
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 am

This is the last week of the sale! Take advantage of this while you can!
Back to top Go down
CUFisherman
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 am

Last week to get free shipping!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 am

You should definitely extend this free shipping thing for another week or so!  Ehhh????  EHHH?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE   Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lifetime LED Light Bar SALE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next