NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Creek Bulldozed

Go down 
+2
JiveTurkey0514
spotts78
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:11 pm

I was up in Asheville this past weekend and decided to visit HC while in the area, boy was I up for a rude awakening! Looks like the forest service has had enough of people driving on their road and making side trails. Any and all rocks/obstructions have been smoothed over. All the side trails, mud pits, hill climb are now inaccessible.

What A Bummer!
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Eow That Really Sucks. HC Was A Cool Place
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:14 pm

That sucks because me and the girlfriend were going to hit it on the way to Tennessee this summer...Takes just a few to ruin it for everyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Still would be a fun snow trip.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:16 pm

As long as they don't do the same to Richland road we are good.

Everyone who ever went to HC went off the trail to romp in those dirty mud pits.....so this is the result I reckon.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:23 am

Crazy Hube wrote:
As long as they don't do the same to Richland road we are good.

Everyone who ever went to HC went off the trail to romp in those dirty mud pits.....so this is the result I reckon.

Exactly. This is why staying on marked trails is stressed all the time. In the scheme of things we ( off roaders) are a very small, under funded group. Tellico was closed by trout fishermen with deep pockets. All other users of off road areas are gunning for us and it only takes a mistake or two to shut us down.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Crazy Hube wrote:

That is a very large part of it. Some get mad at me for pointing out when they go off trail and the damage they are doing at that exact point and also the long term damage - well, this is it boys. Stay on the trail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Creek Bulldozed   Hurricane Creek Bulldozed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Creek Bulldozed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: