NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maxtrax extraction and recovery

Go down 
+5
ncorn38
ULTIMATEcruiser
CarolinaCruiser15
crogers6569
David B
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxtrax extraction and recovery   Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:57 pm

smoky cruiser wrote:
Rip off. pressure trated plywood with herculiner, and roofing screws for metal roofing have a hex head almost identical to the traction on maxx traxxs. Plus only about 20 bucks, and just redo in 10 years when they are toast.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Maxtrax extraction and recovery   Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm

smoky cruiser wrote:
Rip off. pressure trated plywood with herculiner, and roofing screws for metal roofing have a hex head almost identical to the traction on maxx traxxs. Plus only about 20 bucks, and just redo in 10 years when they are toast.

Actually Maxtrax are the real deal. I have indeed used mine to get out of a muddy situation once while fishing at a friends private pond. We didn't realize how soft the ground was and the A/Ts caked up with a bunch of mud. I think I could have a free myself in 4 low but didn't want to tear up his property so I used the Maxtrax and they worked like a charm.

I also use them to help get a friend unstuck from his backyard when he drove his van down a hill to try to retrieve his boa the yard was a slippery wet mess and again, they worked like a charm!

if I know example of when they paid for themselves who was when I help a woman to have driven of the road in the rain and into a muddy ditch.

I can't speak for everyone but I know the company and the product are amazing and well worth the money, Definitely not a rip off in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Maxtrax extraction and recovery   Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm

im not saying they dont or wont work...i just think that $300 is a whole lot of money for some injection molded plastic...(or whatever the material is) they clearly work in every situation in the video...i just think when something like this comes out the manufacturers ALWAYS jack the price way to high...putting it out of reach for a lot of folks...or to high to warrant buying...they would sell a whole lot more if the price were more reasonable...again...whatever the material is cant be a secret compound that was found accidentally while looking for a cure to small pox...

i watched a guy drive himself out of the beach sand with a beach towel...$5 towel...
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: maxtraxx   Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I believe they are real deal. I've seen all the torture test etc. I'm just saying I can build a comparable product in one hour that will work in most situations as well. Especially in sand or mud. The plywood pressure treated especially will almost flex as far. Once it is treated with a penetrating epoxy around the edges it will not delaminate easily. The studs (roofing metal screws) will not tear your tires up more than the studs on max traxxs. For 35 bucks in plywood you could do about 6 sets. The herculiner is 24 per qt. or 69 for the whole gallon kit, and I got enough roofing screws to do about 10 sets. Any body interested I could do them for $45 per set. I will build a test set first and test them. W e can then see the differences.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: towel   Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:29 am

The towel method sounds good. I like the sound of that true ingenuity.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maxtrax extraction and recovery   Maxtrax extraction and recovery - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maxtrax extraction and recovery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2