NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Empty
PostSubject: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Like the title says. This is my new bumper! (made by Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication) I posted this in the Blue Room, but thought I would make a local one as well. That way anyone doing some research here could find it.

I have been wanting a bumper for a while, but couldn't make up my mind. I prefer the tube bumpers, and almost had the decision made for me last Spring. I came in second in a Metaltech Bumper/Winch give-away (I think very highly of the guys at Metaltech and their generosity cheers . Then I met a guy who was doing fab work for the FJC. He was mainly making mounting racks and sliders, but had done a few bumpers. He offers a tube bumper with a winch mount and bash plate. This was a big factor for me. I wanted both for sure. It seemed like most tube bumpers only offered one or the other.

Well any way I went ahead and had him build me one. I am thrilled with the results. I wheel my FJ so performance was key, but also didn't want to sacrifice the aesthetics. The approach angle on this bumper is excellent! It is a very compact design. The winch bay is tight, but will fit a lot of winches. I am planning on getting one of the warn winches. Some of the taller winches with large engaging switches might have to be turned/clocked so that the switch is forward. A nice feature is you can mount the winch without removing the bumper. Just pull off the plastic grill trim and there is enough room to work. This thing is solid, while looking bad "rear end"!

You can check out some of OBDF's stuff here. They are an official NCFJ vendor.
Orange Boxx

Well enough of me talking. No one cares about this anyway. Now the pictures!

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4636_zps0e55aacc

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4638_zps7fcb4bc4

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4648_zpsf59b7f41

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4640_zpsf06707b7

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4641_zps02e4acd9

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4642_zps8c87e3e8

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4645_zps701c3608

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper DSCN4631_zps837bded9
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Really nice lines on that thing. Looks like a factory piece, if there were such a thing....
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:32 pm

nice bumper...well done!
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 pm

Great looking bumper!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 pm

Very cool. I was looking at that bumper as well.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 am

There are some tubes that I love, and others that just look strange to me... but this is by far one of the nicest I've seen. The style flows perfectly with the truck, and that matching bash plate is like the cherry top! Very nice work OBDF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper   OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OBDF Made Me an Awesome Bumper
Page 1 of 1