NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello from Hampstead

Go down 
+4
Scottydog
bigdogdewey2
FJ Derek
JKrefugee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JKrefugee
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

hello from Hampstead  Empty
PostSubject: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:20 am

Hello from Hampstead.
Still dont have a FJ but planning to trade my JK in for a 2013 FJC TT as soon as the sales hold is lifted. Cant wait to get rid of the jeep and into the FJ.
Anyone take their rig out on Fort Fisher State Park beach? Do I need a lift kit and bigger tires to run on that beach or is stock TT ok?
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:49 am

Welcome! You'll be amazed what the stock FJ will do!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Welcome to the family!!

As far as riding on the beach as long as you air down your tires and have a tow/snatch strap you should be fine. Make sure you remember them as everyone else WILL forget. No need for a lift or bigger tires...wider tires are not a bad idea however if you are getting the TT you will be getting some good tires stock..just air down.

Glad you have decided to come to the dark side and the FJ!! Personally i think you will be happier in the FJ!
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Welcome to the group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:12 pm

I go to the North End all the time. I have never aired down. The South End is a bit mor "soupy" bit you should still be fine.

What do you mean by the sales hold? Last I saw Toyota of Wilmington had 3 but I did see o e going down the road the other day. Don't buy the lifted price of crap (2013 TT)they have either as its not worth it.

I'm in Wilmington as well so if you have any questions just ask. There are a few of us here in the area too.
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 am

Welcome to the board.

The sales hold is in reference to the recent recall, and the wait for Toyota to release their remedy.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 am

Welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Good to have you on here.
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 pm

welcome aboard!!! glad to see your coming over to the dark side!!! haha
Back to top Go down
Thomas1229
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Thomas1229

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:49 pm

Welcome. I second the recommendation to air down on Ft. Fisher beach. I've been out there plenty of times with my FJ aired down and have had no problem while my buddy's Jeep Unlimited's transmission overheated from not airing down. North End (Freeman Park), no need to air down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from Hampstead    hello from Hampstead  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from Hampstead
Page 1 of 1