NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Convoy from Triad and West...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Taking the lead! I'm still down for meeting everyone at 6:45am at the rest area on I40 just after the Red Oak (nectar of the Gods) brewery. Everyone else still down for the convoy?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 pm

THanks single.....appreciate you doing this...make sure everyone that is planning on joining in the preconvoy from the triad chimes in...so noone gets left behind...
Back to top Go down
BrendanB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:05 am

Hey guys. I've been on the facebook page for a while but just joined over here. I'm going to try to meet you all at that rest area at 6:45. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
THanks single.....appreciate you doing this...make sure everyone that is planning on joining in the preconvoy from the triad chimes in...so noone gets left behind...

BrendanB wrote:
Hey guys. I've been on the facebook page for a while but just joined over here. I'm going to try to meet you all at that rest area at 6:45. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mike, can you touch base with Brendan to see if he has any questions? Thanks buddy!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Anyone that's planning on joining in for the Triad Convoy, please email me directly at jonathanneely@gmail.com

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Email sent. Also, last year we used CB channel 12 for the convoys. Any objections to using channel 12 again?
Back to top Go down
BigDave81
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BigDave81

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I'll meet up with you guys. Let me know if the location changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Speedrye wrote:
Email sent. Also, last year we used CB channel 12 for the convoys. Any objections to using channel 12 again?

Wow Speed are you getting paid by channel 12?
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:19 am

Haha, I would love a sponsorship of any kind to help offset the costs of my addiction, but alas, it's not going to happen. Just trying to save some confusion when people show up. I'm not official in any of this, but I've been working hard in the Blue Room and over on MUD getting more people to the show. So far it's paying off!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:22 am

and you are to be commended for your work...it is all appreciated..!!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am

Speedrye wrote:
Haha, I would love a sponsorship of any kind to help offset the costs of my addiction, but alas, it's not going to happen. Just trying to save some confusion when people show up. I'm not official in any of this, but I've been working hard in the Blue Room and over on MUD getting more people to the show. So far it's paying off!

Thank you Ryan!!!!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
gbiffle
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am

SingleTrack wrote:
Anyone that's planning on joining in for the Triad Convoy, please email me directly at jonathanneely@gmail.com

Thanks!

Email sent. See everyone Saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Looks like we've got 7 for the convoy so far including myself. I'll post it up on Facebook too. Ryan, Channel 12 sounds just fine. Unfortunately I don't have a CB though :-/ I used to have one in my Honda Civic back in the day though! Does that count!?!? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Sure that counts, so long as you have someone driving the FJ, towing the Civic behind you while you're in the Civic on the CB. Very Happy Of course you'll have to drop the trailer and Civic off somewhere before the show.

On a side note, if we push the departure time back until 7:00am, we'll be less likely to leave anyone. We had a lot more than 7 FJs in the convoy last year.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Alright! I've PM'd everyone on this thread who said they are going to join in on the convoy. Just a reminder, please let me know if you are meeting us so we don't leave you behind. 7AM at the RESTSTOP just past RED OAK BREWERY.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 pm

wish i could run in the convoy but duty calls for me to be there at 7....whew thats an early early morning...so early that Angie is driving her own truck to the show!!
Back to top Go down
Omgrtfa
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Omgrtfa

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:38 am

Mr. Singletrack sir, i have a spare CB, it works like a charm, i can bring it for you since you will be point vehicle.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 am

Sweet! Handheld?
Back to top Go down
gbiffle
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 am

I'm trying to find a handheld unit to borrow as well from someone around work, relatives, etc. If not ... it's going to be a quiet ride!
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 am

Does this mean I'll finally get to use my CB? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:39 am

Depends on how fast our esteemed leader runs the convoy. You might be too busy holding on to the steering wheel watching out for bears "Like a rocket-sled on rails".
Back to top Go down
Omgrtfa
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Omgrtfa

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 am

It's an oldie, my grandfather's, has a magnetic antenna. Lent it out at URE and it worked better than others on the trail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Convoy from Triad and West...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: 2013 NCFJ Truck Show Meet and Greet-
Jump to: