NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new fj owner near charlotte

Go down 
+3
bigdogdewey2
j.dorton
WillyWake
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

new fj owner near charlotte Empty
PostSubject: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 am

Hello everybody. Just purchased an 07 fj Tuesday and took it straight to gulches. Skip, the owner down there, suggested I look you guys up so here I am. Seems like a pretty tight community here. Can't wait to get to URE. Hopefully see you guys there. My names Will btw.
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 am

Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:05 am

welcome Willy!! great of you to join us...yes we are a pretty tight group...and there is always a ride to URE...make surey ou drop by and check out the 2013 Spring Show and Meet and Greet ...we would love to have you join us in Raliegh...goes to a great cause and its jsut a great time!!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:10 am

Welcome aboard. Need some pics though..... Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 am

Hey Willy, I grew up in Richfield so not so far from you. Skip directed you to the right place. Come join us on April 6th at Uwharrie.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Welcome...see you on the trails soon or hopefully at the Raleigh NCFJ Event April 27th. Great event for great charity (Victor Junction) and a great opportunity to meet lots of folks and possibly win some awesome prizes.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Welcome. That is awesome that Skip mentioned us!.

Definitely stay tuned for upcoming rides. I think everyone wants to get back down to Gulches in the near future since we've been getting rained out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:39 am

Yeah i had a blast down there at Gulches. We had the kids with us so didnt get too crazy. Im trying to post some pics up here, im gonna need some help with that. Not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 am

I personally just use Photobucket and copy the media link that has the [IMG] tags around it.

But there are many hosting sites like Image Shack, ect.
Back to top Go down
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am

ok that sounds easy enough. thanks
Back to top Go down
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm

[img]new fj owner near charlotte 20130318093134[/img][img]new fj owner near charlotte 20130318093122[/img][img]new fj owner near charlotte 20130313180012[/img][img]new fj owner near charlotte 20130313175957[/img]
Here are a few before and after Gulches pics. Also wanted to see if any of yall recognize this fj? I bought it from scott clark toyota and all the upgrades on it were already done by the previous owner. Looks like a 1 1/2 in. body lift with 315/75/16 nitto grapplers.stock suspension. trd intake.silver bullet throttle body spacer. looks like a trd exhaust. i have other plans for it but its a start.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Looks great man! Glad to see no fear in gettin a shiny truck dirty! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Sweet truck cheers

You'll want to get rid of the bull bar though when you're ready to come to Uwharrie tongue
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Haha yup! Very nice FJ!
Back to top Go down
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 pm

yeah guess that thing is mainly for looks huh? Im thinking some suspension upgrades should be next for me. What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm

yeah that bull bar is maybe cool looking ...but will serve more as a hinderance off road...it could potentially cause more damage than protection...

what does the truck have on it as it sits as far as suspension ?? is the body mount chopped? what kind of shocks are on it?
Back to top Go down
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:49 pm

from what i can tell all it has is a body lift. looks like all factory under there. i dont know a lot about this stuff, but am learning quickly. ive learned alot just browsing through here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Are you on stock suspension? If so, that would be my next mod. If you have that some plating underneath helps.

A CB is great for enjoying the witty commentary that gets thrown around.
Back to top Go down
WillyWake
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
WillyWake

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Yes from what i see its all stock suspension. guess thats where ill start
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new fj owner near charlotte   new fj owner near charlotte Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new fj owner near charlotte
Page 1 of 1