NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hankook tires

Go down 
+4
iwashmycar
MadToy
NC FJ Driver
Crazy Hube
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Sad

Last edited by Brian on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Sad

Last edited by Brian on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Looks nice Brian!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Very, very nice, cant wait to see them in person, and follow them around some trails! Good to see the slow economy hasnt slowed you any! Razz
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Did you notice the tire gloss?!! I knew you would appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Brian wrote:
Did you notice the tire gloss?!! I knew you would appreciate that.

Yea the tire gloss is "great"

We will take care of it at the Gulchez
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Those look like they were made for the FJ. Very nice!

Can you put a straight edge on top of the tire and get a true height measurement? Smile

And you forgot to put the gloss on the inside of the tire. You'll be shun from the mall with carelessness like that!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Well I am hoping it was the tire monkeys at the tire shop that put the tire butter on them
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Very, very nice, cant wait to see them in person, and follow them around some trails! Good to see the slow economy hasnt slowed you any! Razz
Just trying to get by like everyone else. I am a government employee, so no real hard times, but no real good times either.

MadToy wrote:
Those look like they were made for the FJ. Very nice!
Can you put a straight edge on top of the tire and get a true height measurement? Smile

And you forgot to put the gloss on the inside of the tire. You'll be shun from the mall with carelessness like that!
Nick, they measured 33" with weight on them at the front tire!

Yeah the DT guys did the shine. It sickens me that they half-rear-ended it and didn't tire shine the insides. I mean come on, take pride in your work people. Don't worry Casey, I will pressure wash and shine both sides your before you pick them up.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh god no, please don't. I have to take those to work to get them mounted!!
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:00 am

those looks great. Nice upgrade for sure!

On the spare mount you may be able to loosen the mounting bolts at the rear door and move it upward just enough to gain clearance. Others have elongated the holes in the carrier...but on the other hand the bumper will help support it a little I suppose!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 am

I don't see a need to adjust the mount. The spare fits as snug as a bug under a rug.

With the tires at 38lbs, every morning my tpms lights will be on. Not sure if I should go to 39lbs. I think the ideal tire pressure would be around 36-37, so I am already slightly above.

I have had them up to 65 mph now and so far no balacing issues.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 am

Oh do you have those weird 40psi TPMS?

Are they not E load? It seems the E rated tires hardly differ based on PSI... I cannot tell much a difference from 38 to 45 or so really.
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 am

iwashmycar wrote:
Oh do you have those weird 40psi TPMS?
Are they not E load? It seems the E rated tires hardly differ based on PSI... I cannot tell much a difference from 38 to 45 or so really.

Yep they are somewhere around 40. They normally click on when the pressure falls below 38. Thats why I filled the tires to 38. I am going to check with the dealership and see if that can be altered. DT wasn't willing to help me out here.

They are D load tires.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Strange. The Tacoma has a little reset button for the TPMS that allows me to set it at whatever PSI I want.

Razz

And DT surely doesn't have the scanner to change the TPMS. You'll need Toyota for the Techstream software.
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm

MadToy wrote:
Strange. The Tacoma has a little reset button for the TPMS that allows me to set it at whatever PSI I want.
Razz
And DT surely doesn't have the scanner to change the TPMS. You'll need Toyota for the Techstream software.

Well that sucks. I want to have that TPMS button too. + 1 point for the tacoma.

I go in for my last free service in May. I hope they will be willing to do this for me. So far I have been very pleased with my service from them (Holla, Free Shout Out to Toyota Westof Statesville, hootie hoo).
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 pm

There was a recall since the TPMS on the TRD 16s was too low... I think the new recommended PSI is like 47!. Crazy.

Doesnt help you any, since you obviously dont have pre-recall sensors... they would go down into the high 20s before the light came on I guess.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Looks awesome Brian!
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 pm

What are you doing with your old KM2's?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 pm

iwashmycar wrote:
Doesnt help you any, since you obviously dont have pre-recall sensors... they would go down into the high 20s before the light came on I guess.

Yeah, I dont know when my light comes on, but I know 30 psi doesnt kick the light on.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 pm

2011TRDIceberg wrote:
What are you doing with your old KM2's?

I am buying them
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:15 pm

my tundra and i believe Angies tundra have the reset button...set them at the psi you want and go!!
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

For Nick,

Hankook tires DSCN4387_zps9b5184fb
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 pm

so the tires are 33"
Back to top Go down

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

That's mounted and with weight on them. The tire spec is 33.6. The tire is that, if not a little more. Mike they look to be about the height of your tires, but maybe a little wider. I am thrilled with the height. It's just a good size for the FJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hankook tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hankook tires   Hankook tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hankook tires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next