NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Charity suggestions

Go down 
+4
dbronzo
fjdarrell
Scottydog
David B
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Charity suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 pm

All, please post any and all charity suggestions in this thread.

I will keep this thread open until 9pm, Wednesday, January 30th. At that time, we will create a voting poll with the 3 charities that either have the most suggestions or that will be picked by the 2013 NCFJ Show committee. The voting will be open for 5 days and after that, we will have an official charity and can incorporate this into the planning.

Thanks

David B

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....

Last edited by David B on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm

I nominate: USO RDU Chapter

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I to like the USO
Back to top Go down
dbronzo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 pm

How about we help a local Wounded Warrior by raising money to help his family build a Handicap accessible house? I personally know this WW and his family. He sustained wounds on July 1st from a mortar attach in Afghanistan that has left him blind and partially disabled. He is currently receiving rehab in Raleigh and due to be back down in the Fayetteville area in March time frame i think. I can get more information if needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Victory Junction
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

dbronzo wrote:
How about we help a local Wounded Warrior by raising money to help his family build a Handicap accessible house? I personally know this WW and his family. He sustained wounds on July 1st from a mortar attach in Afghanistan that has left him blind and partially disabled. He is currently receiving rehab in Raleigh and due to be back down in the Fayetteville area in March time frame i think. I can get more information if needed.

Also a great idea
Back to top Go down
dbronzo
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 am

The problem with charities is that a portion of the money raised goes to pay for over head of the organization. I know for WWP only 65-68% of the money raised goes to help the Soldiers. If we choose an individual then 100% of the money raised would go directly to them. I am sure I or other members at other bases around NC could provide names of deserving Military Members every year if we (NCFJ) want to stay with supporting Wounded Warriors.

On the same note, we don't have to just support Military Members, I'm just partial to my brothers in arms. If someone knows someone who needs help I think they should nominate them. Also if we do raise money for local people, we may be able to solicit local business for support much easier as what they are supporting would be local and have a higher impact on their business.

Just my $0.02. Either way I will be supporting again this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 pm

The issue I see with supporting a person is that there becomes questions about the vetting process. NON-local sponsors would be less likely to donate to "John SMith" versus a charity they can research and determine its merit.

If it were given to a person, I would also question how the money spent. Going towards a specific thing that we purchase would be better, but still leaves me questions with how other money is spent.

This is why I would chose a charity that we look at as being good stewards of the funds we give them.

I am a former service member, and also chose to help out when I can. However I do not think we should always support that endeavor. That was the direction we took last year. It would be nice to see us diversify our charitable contributions.

Last edited by Brian on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 pm

How about a local animal shelter in the Raleigh area. I liked the idea of doing this but I don't love in the area to know the good ones from the bad.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

I like animal shelters, but USO and Victory Junction sound better suited for the event.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm

victory junction
USO
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am

Let me throw this out there...Autism Awareness? Here is a link to the Autism Society of North Carolina.

http://www.autismsociety-nc.org/

I know a few friends who have Autistic children. I thank God my son is not afflicted with this condition, but definitely feel for my friends who have children who are dealing with this issue. These kids are great and their parents deal with issues on a daily basis.

Just throwing it out there Smile

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....

Last edited by David B on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:23 am

im also good with the Autism Awareness...
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:24 am

Sounds like a good 3rd solid choice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
johnboy
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi everyone and I hope all is well .I wanted to throw a suggestion out there and see what everyone thinks.We had the idea to include The Food Bank of Eastern North Carolina as a choice for this years charity.Not only would they be the charity for this years event but when Thanksgiving and Christmas come around we could assist them with club members vehicles in delivering meals to those who need our help.I also thought that as part of the event this year each vehicle participating could bring along a pre discussed amount of non perishable food.As part of the advertising this year as well we can ask the public to bring food as well.My intention here is to get the public more involved than they were last year and raise more community involvement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

I like it!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 am

i like the idea John..just not sure that alot of us could help with the delivering of meals...i would participate in that but as it is i live 2 hours from Raliegh let alone Eastern NC...not trying to be a downer by any means just thinking logistics...i do like the idea of non-perishable food donations however...
Back to top Go down
johnboy
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 am

The Food bank covers a 22 county area from alamance county east to the coast .I think in the bigger picture I would like to set something up in the Triad as well as Charlotte areas.Logistics are all about solutions to problems .....
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 am

i agree...well put...
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: Fix max patch   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

We could all throw in and reseed the max patch terror. It is horrible for us wheelers when something like this is done. Pitching in, and getting permission to fix the terror could result in a good repoir for the rangers/game land management.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 pm

good idea...but i have a feeling the damage is done...no taking it back so to speak....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity suggestions   Charity suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charity suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: 2013 NCFJ Truck Show Meet and Greet-
Jump to: