NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel

Go down 
+2
iwashmycar
Swerllz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Empty
PostSubject: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey guys, been a while since I have been on here everything gets busy as I'm sure everyone knows... But I just wanted to show a new snorkel that is being made by River Raider Offroad. They asked on the Blueroom for a victim to test a prototype on and I volunteered. I will post a few pics on here, but I also started a thread when RROR began the process in the blue room, I will add the link... Very Happy

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/157095-river-raider-fj-expedition-snorkel.html

[img]River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Img_0610[/img]

[img]River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Img_0611[/img]

[img]River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Img_0612[/img]

[img]River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Img_0811[/img]

For pre 2010...
[img]River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Imageu10[/img]
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 am

Definitely is my favorite so far! My only gripe is it just doesn't seem worth the whole $400 price... Plus it takes a good bit of trimming, albeit in places you won't really see...Still not something I think my measly Dremel could handle..

http://www.riverraider.com/images/PDFs/FJ%20Snorkel%20Instructions.pdf
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:41 am

Yeaaaaa that is NICE! Too bad it costs that much though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Swerlz,
Where did you get the limb risers? Did you make them?

Also did you remount the antenna or forego it?
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Swerlz,
Where did you get the limb risers? Did you make them?

Also did you remount the antenna or forego it?

The limb risers are a work in progress. I mounted them up but The RROR guys are trying to make a kit. Hopefully I can get the rest of the pieces so I can put them all on and everything.

The antenna is just a hideaway antenna and seems to work great. You can find them for pretty cheap online. I don't use the radio much so I wasn't to concerned at first.

As far as the price goes, I feel like it is totally worth it considering that a safari isn't much cheaper and in my opinion pretty ugly, just my opinion though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 pm

So are the limb risers a work in progress that you are doing or a work in progress that river raiders is doing. just clarifying.
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm just assembling it, but the limb risers are River Raider's project. Not sure on the timeline that they are looking at for those.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 pm

yeah alot of money honestly for what it is...is there actually a filter in the snorkel itself or is it free flowing...?? i like the idea and how its routed...jsut dont think the price is worth it all...my $.02...
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
yeah alot of money honestly for what it is...is there actually a filter in the snorkel itself or is it free flowing...?? i like the idea and how its routed...jsut dont think the price is worth it all...my $.02...

It is free flowing, but haven't had any issues with water, rain, or dirt yet. And as far as bigger debris, there is a screen that would stop bigger stuff. I have been thinking about finding some small engine pre filters, or some foam that would be fairly free flowing just to add a little extra peace of mind. I agree it is a little pricey, but their products seem really well built. And for me at least, the price is totally worth not having a large piece of plastic all the way up my fender and A-pillar.
And hey if nothing else at least it sparks some imagination for custom DIY projects. I was actually on the verge of making my own, then this opportunity kinda fell right in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 am

We had the RiverRaider SEMA Jeep in the shop the other day. It was pretty cool, they had a badass snorkel on it. It would be cool if they made one like it for the FJ

It was the traditional A pillar snorkel, like you usually see, except it was all aluminum, looked awesome, not bulky and flimsy looking
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 am

I like the look and it seems like it relocates the intake "just high enough" for most "FJ water crossings" I say "most" because, unless you go extreme, you would not want to cross water any higher than what this would allow. (think getting water in the cabin, soaking your door speakers, getting the foam under the floor wet, etc)

Also, going back to stock would be alot cheaper this way by simply replacing the small piece of steel that this thing actually mounts to, rather than replacing a whole fender.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 am

Don't forget that big hole in the firewall...
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 am

paulwardinc wrote:

Yeah....there is THAT.... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 am

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 am

paulwardinc wrote:

Ha ha dont worry... no holes in the firewall! Just trimming some plastic to gain access under the cowl.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 am

Swerllz wrote:
paulwardinc wrote:

Ha ha dont worry... no holes in the firewall! Just trimming some plastic to gain access under the cowl.

Seeeeeee Paul! There you go! Once again, this has my interest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 am

Oh I see all the missing gutter now.
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:41 am

If you guys want to see any other views let me know and I will see what I can do... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 am

Swerllz wrote:
If you guys want to see any other views let me know and I will see what I can do... Very Happy

Would love to see more pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel   River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River Raider Offroad Expedition Snorkel
Page 1 of 1