NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery Empty
PostSubject: Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery   Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm

I have a very nice Odyssey battery that has a metal jacket on it. It is a dual purpose battery that can be deep cycled. You could run a winch off of this battery no problem. I have had it in my rig for about 6 months with no hard usage. I would have loved to use it for my dual battery setup but it was too big for the kit I bought so I bought a smaller Optima. I paid almost $400 for it new and will sell it for $225. It came out of the truck today and I put my factory battery back in.

Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery CIMG0725
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery   Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 pm

that pic of it is in the truck? how is it too big? not clear on what you mean by that...
Back to top Go down
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery   Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 pm

The battery tray that Dirty Parts sends with their dual battery kit won't hold it. It is the same size as the factory battery and will fit in the stock location.
Back to top Go down
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery   Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 pm

I don't need two deep cycle batteries, it'd be a waste to use the Odyssey to just start my truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery   Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odyssey PC1700MJT Factory Sized Dual Purpose Battery
Page 1 of 1