NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Empty
PostSubject: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

I installed my Blue Sea fuse box today. My parts list was:

1 40" 4AWG battery cable
1 19" 4AWG battery cable
1 100 amp breaker
18" 16AWG wire
2 16-14AWG ring terminals

I started by mounting the breaker using an empty threaded hole in the fender. I ended up turning the breaker in order to better fit the battery cable.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0738

Then I routed the 40" cable through the rubber grommet in the firewall by cutting off the end of a protruding nipple which made a hole just large enough for the wire. Once the wire was routed I attached it to the breaker.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0747

After much debating I chose to mount the fuse box behind the passenger side kick panel. Because it was a tight space I chose to mount the fuse box using velcro so I could easily take it out to add to it or check fuses if need be.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0737

I routed all my wiring up through the space created by removing the glovebox so I could just slide the fuse box in and stick it to the velcro.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0743

I routed my fuse box ground to these others.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0741

And it's all done. Ignore my ham radio wires, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0746

Very shortly I will be adding two 12V plugs and an inverter. It is hard for me to get the time to do because I usually have a pretty small window to get everything torn down and put back together.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

looks like you did a fantastic job..when i get the money i would love to do this mod...
Back to top Go down
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: How to....-
Jump to: