NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

planemechFJ's Build

Go down 
+11
SingleTrack
FiJiKrawl
fjdarrell
MadToy
David B
boaterspence
NC FJ Driver
bigdogdewey2
Speedrye
FJ Derek
planemechFJ
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:13 am

1 Year Update:
Well its about two weeks away from the anniversary of when I got my FJ. I have taken alot of time off from working on the FJ, Due to other interests/ hobbies. Thought I would do a quick update today Since I got some tires installed. So on to the pics.
planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Img_0511

planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Img_0512
Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295/70r17 
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:00 am

Sick bro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Looks great!!!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:32 pm

That right there is looking awesome and I'm glad you're local to me.  The police will have a harder time pinning anything on me with another big, black FJ close by!  Not that I ever do anything wrong...
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:48 am

Very nice!  It's amazing how those Trail Grapplers transformed the whole demeanor of your rig!
Back to top Go down
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 pm

FJ Derek wrote:
Sick bro
paulwardinc wrote:
Looks great!!!
Speedrye wrote:
That right there is looking awesome and I'm glad you're local to me.  The police will have a harder time pinning anything on me with another big, black FJ close by!  Not that I ever do anything wrong...
DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Very nice!  It's amazing how those Trail Grapplers transformed the whole demeanor of your rig!
Sorry for the really late reply guys, but thanks for the appreciation all the same.
Anyway I wanted to post this update so others will have more info to make decisions with.
Today I took the FJ in for its 10,000 mile service and to get the seat belt recall bracket done. Well when the dealer pulled it into the service area I noticed the vinyl on the roof has cracked, the entire length of the roof on one of the stiffeners. So granted This was "Ebay" vinyl and DIY but it only held up a little over a year. I cant say if this was due to poor install or poor quality vinyl or if this is normal in this type of condition but either way just some food for thought. So if your considering vinyl I might would suggest paying extra for a shop to do it where you might could get a warranty. But for what it was worth the novelty factor of a snake skin roof was well worth it Laughing but I am now in the market for Ideas to replace the vinyl. I am currently considering Line-x and got a quote of 550-700, which seems reasonable.  If you know of  any one who could get a deal on line-x, paint, or similar let me know.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:39 pm

That sucks man!!!  I think Line-X would be sick though... the price you got isn't too bad.  I was gonna do that to mine (before I just got it painted), and I want to say he told me (from a shop in Huntersville) that he'd do the premium coat Line-X for like $575 (roof and mirrors) but I'd have to come help him tape off everything.  His original quote was like $1,000 or something stupid!
Back to top Go down
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:59 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
That sucks man!!!  I think Line-X would be sick though... the price you got isn't too bad.  I was gonna do that to mine (before I just got it painted), and I want to say he told me (from a shop in Huntersville) that he'd do the premium coat Line-X for like $575 (roof and mirrors) but I'd have to come help him tape off everything.  His original quote was like $1,000 or something stupid!
ok so at least this guy seems to be in the right ballpark. yeah i have seen some online with the roof done in line-x and they look great. if you don't mind what did the paint set you back and where did you get it done?
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 am

Well... it's a bit of a story, but a close friend of the fam gave me a deal at a Toyota dealership that I couldn't refuse... hence, why I backed out of the Line-X idea.  Let's just leave it at that Wink
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Well... it's a bit of a story, but a close friend of the fam gave me a deal at a Toyota dealership that I couldn't refuse... hence, why I backed out of the Line-X idea.  Let's just leave it at that Wink
Sounds a little vague, hence I'm going to assume that sexual favors were involved.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:10 am

Speedrye wrote:
DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Sounds a little vague, hence I'm going to assume that sexual favors were involved.  Shocked
Your assumption is disturbingly wrong... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: planemechFJ's Build   planemechFJ's Build - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

planemechFJ's Build
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6