NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Empty
PostSubject: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 pm

I decided to start a thread to spread the word on ethanol free gas stations in North carolina.

The reason for this: I have been filling up with ethanol free gas lately and I have noticed up to a 30 mile per tank gain in fuel mileage!

So, when you discover an ethanol free gas station, post it up here! I'll start.....

Marathon Gas
10420 Chapel Hill Rd - Morrisville, NC
* PUMP 11 only *

90 octane rating

Last edited by David B on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Here's a good link too... The link you'll come to is one of my customers.

http://pure-gas.org/station?station_id=1760

Springer Eubank - UNBRANDED
123 W. Shipyard Blvd., Wilmington NC
Ethanol-free octane ratings: 87
GPS coordinates: N 34.19156 W 77.94841 (located from address)
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 am

I noticed some of these stations down in Georgia a few weeks ago. Since ethanol sucks for mpg, I'd love to find some ethanol-free stations in the Triad.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

I don't trust the info on the pure gas site. It's not verified info, and many folks think that just because the pump doesn't say 10% Ethanol on it, its ethanol free. Definitely not true in NC.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 am

That website shows one right down the road from me: 8533 Old Concord Rd. Charlotte... but I pass it every day and it's the sketchiest-looking gas station I've seen in town. Plus their gas prices are usually $0.20 higher per gallon than any other station around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:20 am

Good to know on the pure gas site I do know the one station I published is Non Ethanol though.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 am

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
That website shows one right down the road from me: 8533 Old Concord Rd. Charlotte... but I pass it every day and it's the sketchiest-looking gas station I've seen in town. Plus their gas prices are usually $0.20 higher per gallon than any other station around.

Yeah, but if David's numbers are accurate, you're getting around 1.5 higher mpg or roughly 8%-9% improvement on an average FJ. You're only paying 5%-6% higher prices so it'd still be a deal if the place wasn't so sketchy.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 am

Yea this is true... but I won't take my chances of getting staph infection
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:37 am

Here is what to look for when looking for Ethanol free gas:

Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... No_eth2

Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... No_eth
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Wise oil has a station that sells Ethanol free gas in China Grove.
They are right on hwy 29 and the corner of Church st/Lentz Rd.

Obviously they charge a higher price and they are not a chain station but they are clean and have modern pumps. One bonus is that due to the cheaper BP station across the hwy, the pumps at Wise are never crowded.

They are closed after hours each day and all day sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...   Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethanol FREE North Carolina gas stations...
Page 1 of 1