NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Kernersville, NC

Go down 
+5
boaterspence
DamnItsAGlasgow
Speedrye
David B
planemechFJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

Hello from Kernersville, NC Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 pm

HI everyone I'm not only new to FJ's but also the first 4x4 I have owned.
My Fj is a 2012 black 6mt, with off road package. Just purchased last month and currently has 450 miles on it.
Hello from Kernersville, NC Photo11
Shortly after I got it.
So far I have not done much. The first mod was having the front windows tinted with 30% and i had the whole windshield done with uv protective 70%.
I have started "Blacking out" everything using Plasti dip. Still need to do the door handles and decide a plan for the roof. Vinyl or plasti dip.
Hello from Kernersville, NC Img_0011
How it's currently looking.
Near future plans include a light bar on top and the piaa bumper light kit.
Looking forward to becoming more involved in the sport.
Glad to find this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Welcome. We're glad you found us too. I think there are several members in your area.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm

WELCOME!!!! Glad to have you here! Good looking truck! I always like the blacked out FJs!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Welcome! I grew up in Kernersville and work there every day. Look for my all black FJ with lots of lights on the front. If you need any help modifying anything, let me know. You work for Timco by chance? Just guessing by your name...
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 pm

planemechFJ wrote:
I have started "Blacking out" everything using Plasti dip. Still need to do the door handles and decide a plan for the roof. Vinyl or plasti dip.

Welcome man! Just an FYI, if you decide to go with Plasti Dip for the roof, I highly recommend using an actual sprayer rather than rattle-canning it. I have mine blacked out now professionally, but originally went with the plasti dip... it was a lot tougher than I expected, took way more cans than I thought, and still had a ton of noticable streaks throughout. Also, best bet is to take the roof rack off before you paint it. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Man, that reminds me, I still have to do my second coat on my roof. The first coat looks really good, but I'd like to wet sand it all down and do a second coat sometime this fall before it gets too cold. I'm a cheap SOB so Rustoleum is my friend!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey, nothing wrong with ole Rusty! That's what I used on my roof rack, and it looks 10x better than before! Holds up pretty well too!
Back to top Go down
boaterspence
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
boaterspence

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 pm

welcome! Good color choice
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm

welcome neighbor!! hope to see you around soon...
Back to top Go down
FiJiKrawl
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FiJiKrawl

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Truck looks great! How'd the plastidip hold up for you? I want to black mine out but haven't decided on plastidip or rattlecan to do it.
Back to top Go down
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:22 am

So far the plasti dip seems to be holding up pretty good I'm pleased with it so far.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Welcome!! Im actually blacking mine out this upcoming weekend. Hopefully, itll end up looking like my avatar and not like my signature! lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Rolando, paint or plastidip?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Rolando, paint or plastidip?

Paint... the Krylon Fusion Satin Black that Cliff used. He's giving me a hand on Sat at his place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 pm

cheers like this?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
cheers like this?

Haha yes! Its been on my "to-do" list for literally over a year. Itll be great to have it DONE. I was thinking about doing the roof black also but Ive heard some complaints about heat in the Summer so I think Ill pass on that. Still debatable though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm

If you're going to paint the roof I would man purple it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Make your own version of the trail teams.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:48 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Make your own version of the trail teams.

Not a bad thought. It would be near impossible to color match that. Ill just leave it white for now.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Really like the blacked out bumber with the red Toyota in the grill, nice touch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kernersville, NC   Hello from Kernersville, NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Kernersville, NC
Page 1 of 1