NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

Christmas List Empty
PostSubject: Christmas List   Christmas List Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:50 pm

OK...yesterday I asked about rear shocks, today I am just going to throw this out there. I am putting together my Christmas List and would like some help/opinions about a few items:

1. Rear Shocks (already had some feedback but more is fine)
2. Rear LCAs
3. Cold Air Intake (I like the Box style but not convinced I really NEED that)
4. Off-road Lights (I like the PIAAs, but not sure why)

So any input is welcome and if anyone has any of these items for sell...let's talk.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Christmas List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas List   Christmas List Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:23 pm

I will chime in on numbers 3 and 4

3. "Cold" Air Intake.
-Don't waste your time or money, CAI's do nothing for you except create the potentinal for more debris to get into your engine. Also the oiled CAI's will foul your MAF quickly. Toyota spent tons of money developing the intake to get the right amount of air to your motor, unless you are forced induction you won't notice a difference. I still run the stock intake on my 4runner even with a supercharger. My advice is just to get a nice oil-less drop in air filter, can be had easily for under 60 bucks.

4. Off-Road Lighting
-Rigid LED's or check out TrailWorthyFab for affordable LED light-bars. If you want to stick with standard Halogen or HID you can't beat LightForce
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Christmas List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas List   Christmas List Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

#1 -- I've been very happy with my Icons for both ride and range of motion. Nothing fancy, but they're good simple shocks.

#2 -- Stan at ToyOutfitters makes some awesome ones and can make them in a color you want if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure he's NCFJ1 on the forum here

#3 -- Everything I've read and heard says they have no gain and while I'll usually do this on most vehicles, I'd rather put that money to something useful on the FJ.

#4 -- I'm running some halogens, HIDs and LEDs and I have to say that LEDs are the best light for all around purposes. You don't have to wait for them to warm up like HIDs and they're not even comparable to halogens since halogens suck by comparison in almost every aspect. If you're actually going to use your lights on road on a regular basis, look at halogens or proper HIDs in a projector housing. For off-road I'd go with the LEDs, but make sure you find some with a beam that will fit your needs.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Christmas List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas List   Christmas List Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Quote :
Speedrye#2 -- Stan at ToyOutfitters makes some awesome ones and can make them in a color you want if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure he's NCFJ1 on the forum here

Funny you mention Stan and HFS4x4/Toy Outfitters....I am, at this very moment in South Carolina, and will be visiting Stan tomorrow to have a set of rear lower links installed!!!

I was supposed to continue my journey to Southeast Overland tomorrow evening, but work got in the way... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

Christmas List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas List   Christmas List Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:22 pm

If you want a set of PIAAs let me know I have the two that came off the front of my truck they are available for $150. However if I were you I would go with HIDs or LEDs as mentioned above. I just added the 4 HIDs to my bumper and I love them the light is unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas List   Christmas List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: