NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shock Options...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm

So I'm ready to switch out my rear shocks. I have the Bilstein 5100s up front and OME rear coils. My original plan was to go with the 5100s in the rear as well. But, when I started shopping I saw the Bilstein 5125s that seem to have more travel (according to the Toytech site).

For those of you that have moderate lifts (2"-3") like I do and have replaced your rear shocks, what did you go with and why. Or if someone has an opinion about this, please feel free to weigh in.

Would also like to do the rear LCAs...
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I'll say once I got my Fox shocks in the front of mine, it rides a whole lot smoother. Casey even said so himself. The non remote reservoir model is only a little more than a Bilstein 5100 I think, but they are able to be valved per your application.
Back to top Go down

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I bought Icon rear shocks, because they were on sale for $180. Also because I recognize the name as a decent brand. I also thought down the road if I continue the offroading hobby I might get Icon coilovers up front.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm

85runner wrote:
I'll say once I got my Fox shocks in the front of mine, it rides a whole lot smoother. Casey even said so himself. The non remote reservoir model is only a little more than a Bilstein 5100 I think, but they are able to be valved per your application.

LOL my word is as good as the spoken word from Jesus Christ himself

Brian wrote:
I bought Icon rear shocks, because they were on sale for $180. Also because I recognize the name as a decent brand. I also thought down the road if I continue the offroading hobby I might get Icon coilovers up front.

Wow you got a great price on those suckers!
Back to top Go down

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah, at the time I think they were regularly $230ish, and then they went on sale. Add the discount for blue room members and they were an easy choice. I just looked and they are $275 now!

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58742&category_id=101&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Yea I wish I could get them that cheap, they make you look wealthy, plus I bet they ride like a dream
Back to top Go down

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 pm

4running wrote:
Yea I wish I could get them that cheap, they make you look wealthy, plus I bet they ride like a dream

Yeah, they match my expensive front Toytec spacers. I am livin the dream! Dolla dolla bill yo. I do think my FJ rides well.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am

LOL, hey that's alright, beggers can't be choosers Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shock Options... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Options...   Shock Options... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shock Options...
Page 1 of 1