NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concealed Carry

Go down 
+15
Merfal
Omgrtfa
ncorn38
DamnItsAGlasgow
NCFJ1
tbulluck
FJ Derek
fjdarrell
BT
Crazy Hube
smoky cruiser
Scottydog
Speedrye
Auto Solutions
bigdogdewey2
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 pm

if this is the wrong place for this or if it is just inappropriate then i expect that the Moderators will deal with it as they see fit so i will appologize in advance.

Who here carries concealed? i can understand if you dont want to openly admit for security reasons. Im looking to get my permit to carry concealed and was hoping i could get some good solid answers and endorsements for where i can get it done and what i should expect to pay and the like. I want the permit to carry not because i want to ALWAYS carry my present handgun as it is actually a large frame H&K .45 USP...so actual concealment of this size of a weapon is hard to do...

why do you carry?
where do you carry?
concealed in the vehicle? or open?
what do you carry?
what would u LIKE to carry?

id like to get as many different perspectives as possible.

Thank you for your input in advance

Mike!
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:36 pm

I have since I was 21 (4 years now). I either carry a Kahr PM9 or more recently a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II compact 1911.. Don't ever leave the house without my gun. Just habit. I got my permit because I used to be in the repo business. Always felt a little safer. Mine always stays in my galco holster.

Last edited by Auto Solutions on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm considering getting mine as well. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 pm

damn your a youngin Brian!! lol...

i know im not going to carry all the time...there are just specific times i KNOW i would and it would be nice to do it legally rather than take my chances...i eventually would like to get a compact or subcompact to carry and that will come with time...(and money)..
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Lol yeah I know. I couldn't be more happy with my Kimber though. Fits me perfectly and I've fired a few hundred rounds through and I am very impressed with it.

Kimber
http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ultra-carry-ii/stainless-ultra-carry-ii

Kahr
http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-PM9.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 pm

i like em both but wow that kimber is expensive...im probably gonna go with a Springfield XD when i buy a new handgun....i just like the "kit" that comes with them...for the price
Back to top Go down

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:04 am

My boss is talking about organizing a CWP class one day in the next month or so. If your interested let me know. I'm probably going to do it as well.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:00 am

I carry when ever I travel and when I'm out and arond town MOST of the time. I carry a Springfield XDM9. Took the class for similar reasons. Wanted to be able to whenever, but necessarily always. There are drawbacks, there are LOTS of places where you can't have it...ON a financial institute property for instance. Theoretically, you can't go to the ATM at the bank if you have it with you. Obviously and place of education, federal, state buldings, anywhere that charges admission...

With that said, I am glab I have my CCW and wish I had done it years ago.
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: My wife owes me the concealed carry class.   Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 pm

She got me a concealed carry for my bday but been too busy to take it. I can't wait. I'd like to get a medium glock 40 or something along those lines light but with a kick.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Wow I am surprised you don't already have one

When I turn 21 I plan on getting a CCW, daily carry a H&K USP .45. Little bigger, but it will stop anybody and is a dream to shoot
Back to top Go down
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:27 am

I did my permit class at calibers. Can't remember what I paid. The videos are ridiculously boring but very informative. Another benefit is anytime you purchase you don't need to get a permit you just show the conceal license. I'll send pm with more.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:05 am

4running wrote:
Wow I am surprised you don't already have one

When I turn 21 I plan on getting a CCW, daily carry a H&K USP .45. Little bigger, but it will stop anybody and is a dream to shoot

I love my H&K USP .45...absolutely LOVE it...and you are correct it is a dream to shoot...but i honestly feel it is a bit too big to carry all the time...its a little more prone to being obvious under a jacket and certainly cant be under a long tshirt...it WILL not fit inside a waistband comfortably thus the reason i want to go with something a bit smaller...

Im also a believer in having as few calibers as it takes...i know owning guns is a wonderful right to have but i try not to have 3 guns with three different calibers...one caliber just buy a bunch of rounds fit all guns...i will go with an XD in a .45 but as my second choice it would be the Glock30...ive had glocks before and as much as i like them i also dislike them...great guns ..dont get me wrong but for someone who has small hands i never have been 100% comfortable with the grip...

on another note...what are you all using for holsters? inside the waistband ? outside?

Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm actually in the proccess of getting mine as well. luckily being in the mil. i can get one from my home state...Wyoming.... and with wyoming being such a "outdoor" state it is extremely easy. I will be carrying a kimber ultra crimson carry II, (sub-compact 1911) once i'm legal i am sure i wont be without it, but until then....... i dont carry Wink
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: until   Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Until I get my ccwp I will be packing my 12 gage only. I also occasionally carry a .38 special stub nose s&w
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 pm

yeah the 12 gauge and m4 stay at the house....
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 am

I got my ccw 3 years ago and have carried everyday since... Even to church! Ya never know! I carry a Ruger LCP 380 primarily because it looks like a wallet in a good pocket holster and will do what I need it to. I used to carry a Glock 27 .40 and still do in the colder months. I got my permit mostly because I refuse to ever be a victim and to protect my family if need be. I know there's a lot of places you're "not supposed" to carry but the bad guys don't follow those same rules and it's always better to he judged by 12 then carried by 6 as my dad has always said!!
Back to top Go down

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 am

I like that last line.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 am

my wife and I carry.....OK I usually carry, but she too did all the steps by my side.

I have a holster in the driver door of the FJ for my xd sub comp 9. I like carrying her Ruger LPC 9, but either will work.

Many have fallen for my rights; I carry to protect the lives of those around me as well as through respect for the fallen who got me where I am today.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 pm

FJ Derek wrote:
I got my ccw 3 years ago and have carried everyday since... Even to church! Ya never know! I carry a Ruger LCP 380 primarily because it looks like a wallet in a good pocket holster and will do what I need it to. I used to carry a Glock 27 .40 and still do in the colder months. I got my permit mostly because I refuse to ever be a victim and to protect my family if need be. I know there's a lot of places you're "not supposed" to carry but the bad guys don't follow those same rules and it's always better to he judged by 12 then carried by 6 as my dad has always said!!

It is not a matter of simply "not supposed" to carry it is the LAW. You were issued a CCW based on passing a test and agreeing to the stated rules. Carrying in the places expressley prohibited by these laws makes YOU one of the bad guys that does not follow the rules as it constitutes a felony and is punished by steep fines and time in pr1son.

Program does not like the words j a i l or p r i s o n
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 am

I actually agree as surprising as that is
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:02 am

yeah....I carry but in the parameters of the law. I work at a college and would love to carry when in the office late at night and when I swing by the office on the weekends, but I leave the security at the house (it's da law).
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 am

Before I get some bad rap, the statement of the bad guys carry everywhere didn't mean "I" carry everywhere as well. But I do always have my weapon "close by".
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 am

ahhh, like you hands. For me, it is my looks.... looks can kill. OK, my looks and my pocket crossbow lol!
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 am

Got to get me a pocket crossbow, that sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 am

just keep the safety on! Man that was an embarrassing trip to the ED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Concealed Carry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concealed Carry    Concealed Carry  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concealed Carry
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: