NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any upcoming rides planned to URE?

Go down 
+5
NC FJ Driver
Crazy Hube
85runner
MadToy
bigdogdewey2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 pm

ok so i will see you guys at 0930 at the outpost...see you then...!!
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Looks like lots of rain tonight and some tomorrow. Should be challenging.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

See ya at 0930....
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:12 pm

hey nick dont forget your SLIME compressor...i got dibs...
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:13 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
hey nick dont forget your SLIME compressor...i got dibs...

Ah - I would have forgotten! Gonna go put it in the truck now......
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:14 pm

sweeeeeeeet i appreciate that NICK>...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 pm

URE is a really different place when it has rained.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:25 pm

join us Jami!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:36 pm

It dries up real fast though. If it rains overnight, it will be real slick in the morning. But by 12 or so, assuming it hasn't rained again, we'll be able to go up Daniel with no issues. If it is wet in the morning, we should ride some of the easier trails first to let it dry out.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Casey, let's plan to meet at the Pet Smart parking lot right next to Target off of University Blvd at 9:30 Sunday morning. Shoot me a pm with your telly number just in case one of us is running late.

Anyone else that wants to roll out to Uwharrie on Sunday. I plan to be at the Out post around 10:30ish.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
join us Jami!

Should have since nothing exciting is happening on the home front lol
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Well.....

Interesting day to say the least. The rain did make the trails very difficult. Slow moving through Rocky Mount and Kodak Rock - then massive breakage on the first ledge of Daniel for Tyler.

Luckily, it was still drivable (in front wheel drive), and they headed back to Mike's for some welding repairs.

Mike - come back tomorrow, since you only got to ride one trail today......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:21 pm

I hate I missed it. I do like a wet trail. Too bad for Tyler. What all did he break?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Not sure what actually broke, but the rear driveshaft separated itself from the rear diff. Now his rear pinion points straight up. Oh, and one shock did snap at the shaft. Needs some traction bars...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Well...I guess I'm glad I didnt catch up to you guys, breakin' stuff and all! I couldnt get on the road until 0900, so made it to El Dorado at 1030, and then hit Dutch John up to the point the tree lays across the gully...to slick to get past the uneven point, alone anyway, so I backed down and ran Falls Dam to Dickie Bell, stayed right on Dickie Bell and made it no problem, then went to the top of Daniel from the non-ledge side but didnt see anyone but Jeeps and a little red Discovery. I guess I need to get my CB issue fixed...would anyone have been on Ch. 7 today?

And, who is going Sunday?

After missing Brian week before last, I thought about a cell roster, but I have Verizon and really dont get any service out there, anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Wow, so who is gonna be there tomorrow
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:22 pm

here is what Tyler broke...

both spring perches on the axle housing...broke the shaft on a shock...spun the axle about 30 degrees...pinion was pointing straight up...and the splines on his rear drive shaft are shot...disconnected and spun the splines...we got it back to my house ...took everything apart...cleaned up the housing and perches and rewelded them together...should never have an issue with that again...but he did have to still drive home in front wheel drive...left about 30 minutes ago...

i wish i could make it out again tomorrow...however i do have plans that i cannot get out of..the trails were tougher than they have been since i was there last...really slick in my opinionreally rutted out too
all in all i had a great time...my roof rack is strong and took some serious hits from some low branches...in fact one seemed like a tree when it hit it...no issues...now its time to start work on a rear bumper...
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm gonna plan to go again tomorrow if it doesn't rain too heavy tonight. Although a little rain makes it interesting in some spots, it also made it not fun in some other spots.

The second ledge on Daniel has become much more difficult with all the washout from the rain.

Oh - Paul, we were all on channel 7 today. Unfortunately, I'm using my handheld antenna since I left my Little Wil on the tonneau cover the last time out, and it must've fell off in the parking lot. The handheld barely gets a signal from the truck in front of or behind me.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Glad you got Tyler back on the road at least Mike.

And good point. There are lots of trees falling in the trails from all the rain, along with parts of dead trees just falling off. As I was coming down the other side of Daniel, a nice size limb came straight down on my hood. Need to be real careful. I wouldn't want to be in an open Jeep out there now.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 pm

yeah i did all i could for him...at least the axle is done...wont spin again...but i couldnt do anything with a stripped s;line on the driveshaft...i hated that i couldnt do at least something but thats all i could do...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Well Bobby we will see you at 9:30!

Nick hope to see you at the outpost at 10:30!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm

4running wrote:
Well Bobby we will see you at 9:30!

Nick hope to see you at the outpost at 10:30!

Dont know if I'll make it, but are we saying 10:30 at the Outpost is link up time?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Yep. 10:30.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Tyler must be wheeling that thing like he stole it! Gald you made it home safely and i'm glad Mike could lend a helping hand!

Casey, I'll see you at 9:30 at the PetSmart parking lot near the Target.

See you guys at the Outpost at 10:30, however;if it's raining cats and dogs in the morning i might not go. Casey if this is the case i'll give you a buzz before hand on your telly.

Bobby
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

i havent heard any forecast about rain...wish i could go again...it drys real quick though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any upcoming rides planned to URE?   any upcoming rides planned to URE? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any upcoming rides planned to URE?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next