NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Empty
PostSubject: In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage   In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 pm

This fall I plan on purchasing a pop up camper or smaller rigid camper. My goals are to spend about 2-3,000 for the camper then replace the axle and lift it enough for 33's. I will also be doing some frame mods and possibly cutting the rear and adding some skids for better approach and departure angles. I would like a unit with heat and ac, and could sleep 2-3 adults and 4 kids between 7 and infant. Also a unit with a stove sink and small shower. A pop up would be a compromise, but may be the way I go. I am also hoping to keep it under 3,000 lbs. If I do not get a camper I will never be able to get my whole family to go camping again.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage   In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Smokey...take a look at these ..i have been eyeing these puppies for a while...look to be very very easily owner customizable...and very very light...

http://www.livinlite.com/qs-tentcampers.php
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage   In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

oh yeah and they actually do a "off road" version...tires are 31" but looks like you could put bigger under it too...
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: nice 40   In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:02 am

Those are looking really nice. They even had a hardtop one on the site with a yellow fj pulling it. I couldn't find any prices, but I'm sure they are over my budget. I am shooting for 2,000 dollar range, and under 3,000 lbs. I found a really nice 95 pop up that sleeps six and already has the front and rear angled for departure angles just needs a 4 inch lift and tire swap.
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: pop ups    In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:36 pm

any body got any long term experience with pop ups and longevity. Thinking about starting to buy and mod out these style units for moderate off road usage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage   In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In fall buying a travel trailer, and plan on customizing it for 4x4 usage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: