NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First 4Runner

Go down 
+2
smoky cruiser
carljwnc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carljwnc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
carljwnc

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 am

Howdy y'all!!! Just had to be the first 4Runner on the block. Very Happy

Of course I know/have wheeled with quite a few of you already. Need some more local, Asheville area folks to hook up with, haven't been on 4wd once this year. Rolling Eyes Rollin' box stock for now, except a BudBuilt skid plate.
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Colin in weaverville   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 am

Hey bud. My name is Colin I live in Weaverville. I got an 07 fjc and an older cherokee on boggers. We have had about 6 4runners, and currently have a sequoia. I go trail riding from time to time. There are some nice trails locally. Hurricane creek/422a trail out in hotsprings/snowbird out by murphy/the flats in marion/bumpass cove road in erwin tn. etc. We do a bunch of camping, and I'm aleays looking for some one to do some winter wheeling because my wife hates the cold. I love it and also like winter camping.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:25 am

carljwnc wrote:
Howdy y'all!!! Just had to be the first 4Runner on the block. Very Happy

Of course I know/have wheeled with quite a few of you already. Need some more local, Asheville area folks to hook up with, haven't been on 4wd once this year. Rolling Eyes Rollin' box stock for now, except a BudBuilt slid plate.

Welcome to the group! Glad you joined us! And thanks again for wanting to participate in the tread lightly effort! You and your Runner are in good company! Our 4Runner population is growing nicely! And congrats! You are the first to post in our new 4runner section! Smile

Again, welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
carljwnc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
carljwnc

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:46 am

David B wrote:

Welcome to the group! Glad you joined us! And thanks again for wanting to participate in the tread lightly effort! You and your Runner are in good company! Our 4Runner population is growing nicely! And congrats! You are the first to post in our new 4runner section! Smile

Again, welcome!

Thanks David!!! Of course I've been on the FB page since the beginning, but now since you have a nice little spot for me here on the forum I thought I'd finally join up. Very Happy Keep me posted on the Tread Lightly thing, I assume you will update it in that thread.

smoky cruiser wrote:
Hey bud. My name is Colin I live in Weaverville. I got an 07 fjc and an older cherokee on boggers. We have had about 6 4runners, and currently have a sequoia. I go trail riding from time to time. There are some nice trails locally. Hurricane creek/422a trail out in hotsprings/snowbird out by murphy/the flats in marion/bumpass cove road in erwin tn. etc. We do a bunch of camping, and I'm aleays looking for some one to do some winter wheeling because my wife hates the cold. I love it and also like winter camping.

Hey Colin, Well I've done Hurricane Creek about 100 times, Brown Mountain too. I haven't ever fully explored it, but there is a road called Heck Creek near Hot Springs, hard to tell where the public/private boarder is. Got your PM too; only place in Lake Lure I knew of got built up years ago, I've known about Couch Mtn. for years but have never been there, from what I understand it is gated and locked now. Can't say I'm much of a camper, but I'm certainly not afraid to get out in the cold. Myself and a couple of other members here had an awesome snow run at Hurricane Creek a couple of years ago. Cool Anyway, would love to find some more local stuff and have you ever been to Richland Rd. near Lenoir??? I really want to go back there again soon.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:10 pm

It's about time Carl haha!! Glad to finally have you over here!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:14 pm

If I were you I would check out the Gulches. It would be a bit of a drive, but it is totally worth it. There is such a variety of stuff to do out there, a total blast
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Ahhh......CARL J!......ok..now I know who you are! Bout time you joined us over here! Don't worry, I blame Jami for not getting you over here sooner...lol
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
carljwnc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
carljwnc

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 pm

4running, I've heard about Gulches, but my understanding is you need to be fairly well built up to do much of anything there. Might have to look into it again if you think otherwise.

Thanks for the welcome Jami...

..and David, I want to blame Doug (is he Problemcat here too?) since he just sold his Forester, which used to belong to Jami, I find that a bit unsettling... Wink Mad
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Carl, I am really surprised he has done this but I am sure you guys were surprised when I let the Forester go. However, I did it so I could satisfy my desire to do some real off roading. Doug is actually "bluejack13" here. Started out as Problemcat but changed his name along the way.
Back to top Go down
carljwnc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
carljwnc

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
Carl, I am really surprised he has done this but I am sure you guys were surprised when I let the Forester go. However, I did it so I could satisfy my desire to do some real off roading.

Yup and yup, we'll forgive him...eventually. I just hope he gets his hands on something cool, I have great faith that he will. Very Happy

Hey, been searching around for how to get my hands on a sticker??? scratch This should be a no-brainer. Wink
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:59 pm

carljwnc wrote:
4running, I've heard about Gulches, but my understanding is you need to be fairly well built up to do much of anything there. Might have to look into it again if you think otherwise.

Thanks for the welcome Jami...

..and David, I want to blame Doug (is he Problemcat here too?) since he just sold his Forester, which used to belong to Jami, I find that a bit unsettling... Wink Mad

I just got back from the Gulches yesterday, you can definitely test your limits as well as your vehicles limits, but there are trails for everyone. From really easy to insane
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:02 pm

I have an extra one on hand I can send you.
The last time we had any available was back in January/February I believe. I have a few t shirts on hand as well if you want one just say the word. I was hanging on to the sticker for future use but the chances of having a sticker revision before I use at are probably pretty great.
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 pm

carljwnc wrote:
Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
Carl, I am really surprised he has done this but I am sure you guys were surprised when I let the Forester go. However, I did it so I could satisfy my desire to do some real off roading.

Yup and yup, we'll forgive him...eventually. I just hope he gets his hands on something cool, I have great faith that he will. Very Happy

Hey, been searching around for how to get my hands on a sticker??? scratch This should be a no-brainer. Wink

I am in the proccess of getting some ne wstickers made, they will be the logo that is on the very first page. ill keep you updated as to when they will be available and how much....
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
I have an extra one on hand I can send you.
The last time we had any available was back in January/February I believe. I have a few t shirts on hand as well if you want one just say the word. I was hanging on to the sticker for future use but the chances of having a sticker revision before I use at are probably pretty great.

which shirts are you talking about and how many and what sizes do you have?
Back to top Go down
carljwnc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
carljwnc

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:48 am

4running, I think I was thinking of somewhere else, I looked at their web site a bit, probably worth the drive. Thanks.

Jami, if there are going to be stickers available for purchase, I'll just wait for that. Benefit the forum and, being the sticker guy on another forum, gotta put someone else to work. Wink

fjdarrell, Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First 4Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 4Runner   First 4Runner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 4Runner
Page 1 of 1