NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Empty
PostSubject: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:17 pm

After buying the camper, I had to get a 7-pin trailer connection. I didn't want it where it could get bashed off by a rock. I had them weld the bracket to my hitch and angle it so it would be higher than the hitch. I am please with how it turned out. Just putting this out there in case anyone else needs to do the same. The 4 flat is still exposed, but I haven't hit that one yet and it would likely just bend.

Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up DSCN2607

Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up DSCN2608
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Brian, make sure your trailer plug won't fall out when plugged in. Yours might fit tighter than mine (not a penis joke) and the little flip door catch on mine doesn't really do much either. I'm thinging of ways to redo mine since I want to re-route the harness. I used the 4&7 combo since it mounted on the same bracket holes that the OEM one used.
Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Dsc_0027
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 pm

rylandnc wrote:
Brian, make sure your trailer plug won't fall out when plugged in. Yours might fit tighter than mine (not a penis joke) and the little flip door catch on mine doesn't really do much either.

Oh mine is definitely a tight fit. It has to be ever so carefully eased in. Right now the flip door will hold it if it should come loose. For extra protection I might use a rubber........band of some sort to really fasten it.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Good idea to keep it out of the way Brian. The Tacomas are notorious for ripping them off on the trail pretty easily. I moved mine to the bumper - in the spot where the license plate light was.

Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up TacomaBuild003
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Yeah, I saw yours and notice that one guy knock his off the last time we were at uwharrie. I wanted to put mine in the bumper, but not really an easy way to do it.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:04 am

looks good, not a penis joke!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up   Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recessed 7-Pin Trailer Hook-up
Page 1 of 1