Disabling Seatbelt Chime

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

Disabling Seatbelt Chime Empty
PostSubject: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:29 pm

DIFFICULTY RATING:
Disabling Seatbelt Chime WrenchIconBig

*DOES NOT work on 2011 models but we have heard the dealership can disable the chimes.

**Seatbelt chimes are a safety reminder and should be disabled at your own risk and at the risk of passengers.

Disabling Seatbelt Chime

UPDATE: **Make sure you have someone (or a decent amount of weight) in the passenger seat**

1. Turn the ignition switch on (without starting car)
2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO"
3. Turn the ignition switch off
4. Turn the ignition switch on
5. Press ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds after turning the switch ON) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
6. Continue holding the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front drivers's side seat belt.
7. Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-off" (it will be "b-on")
8. Press the ODO/TRIP button to change the display to "b-off".
9. Turn the ignition switch off.
10. Turn the ignition switch on while depressing the brake pedal.
11. Check that no buzzer sounds when setting on the front passenger seat.

Last edited by CarolinaCruiser15 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:01 pm

I tried this last weekend...did not work? Maybe I was not holding my mouth right.

Don't think I ever saw "b-off". When it says press ODO/TRIP switch I assume it means the one by the speedometer?

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:51 am

Scottydog wrote:
I tried this last weekend...did not work? Maybe I was not holding my mouth right.

Don't think I ever saw "b-off". When it says press ODO/TRIP switch I assume it means the one by the speedometer?

Yes, it is talking about the little guy that cycles through the Odometer, A Trip and B Trip. If I recall, I had to have some weight in the passanger seat? Try it with your wife/girlfriend/stranger sitting in it, when it works the b-on / b-off will replace the mileage on the odometer for a few moments.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:49 am

Got It...used a stranger...wife was too busy...

Worked...even changed the text on the Jammer while I was turning the ignition on and off...

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Scottydog wrote:

Worked...even changed the text on the Jammer while I was turning the ignition on and off...

Hey, sorry man. I was out of town for a few days and didnt have a computer or cell service to reply. I honestly didnt know you needed weight in the passenger seat since my girlfriend was sitting there when I initially tried it. Ill definitely update the post.... glad it worked for you!!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Scottydog wrote:

Funny! What does your Jammer say now?

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 am

Scottydog...of course

Also, not sure if the weight was needed in the passenger seat or not. I may have done it right the last time...had my young daughter helping...hard for me to read, push and hold buttons and fasten seat belts at the same time.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: unfortunately   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 pm

unfortunately the seat belt mod doesnt work on 2011 nor does the stereo...oh well if i want it to go off i have to go to the dealer to have them shut off the chime...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
unfortunately the seat belt mod doesnt work on 2011 nor does the stereo...oh well if i want it to go off i have to go to the dealer to have them shut off the chime...

Shame on Toyota for doing that! Just another example of the "Man keeping us down!"rabbit
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Buuut you guys with the 2011s also have a backup camera and some extra ponies!!! I don't feel bad at all!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: back up cam....   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 pm

hmmmm jealous of the back up cam....makes me wonder....how hard would it be to transplant to a different vehicle...im assuming that would also include the rear view mirror...again....

HMMMMMMMMMM??
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:19 pm

hahaha maybe just a little jealous!!! My Pioneer headunit is compatible with a backup cam.... plug and play... I just have to find one I like and a good mounting spot. Since its aftermarket, I was told I should be able to turn on the backup cam anytime, even while driving.... that might be useful for towing stuff to make sure its still there. lol
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: backup cam   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:32 pm

the camera mounts onto the the spare tire mount but in its own bracket...i might be able to part with it as the rear view mirror picture is absolutely horrible...i mean sooooooo small...but the quality is great...just too small...dont know exactly how the camera is actually tied into and connected from there...
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Hmmm interesting. That's too bad the image is so small. Unfortunately I have my bike rack mount going through the spare. Im sure I could find a cheap camera somewhere online. Thanks for the consideration and info!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:40 pm

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
Hmmm interesting. That's too bad the image is so small. Unfortunately I have my bike rack mount going through the spare. Im sure I could find a cheap camera somewhere online. Thanks for the consideration and info!

Check with Flushead - I thought he had a license plate mounted camera...

BTW, I think the camera image is clear, a bit small, but not bad at all. I mean it is not the 9" screen we have on the Odyssey, but then again, the FJ isn't a minivan...

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....

Last edited by David B on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 pm

David B wrote:
CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:

Chaeck with Flushead - I thought he had a license plate mounted camera...

BTW, I think the camera image is clear, a bit small, but not bad at all. I mean it is not the 9" screen we have on the Odyssey, but then again, the FJ isn't a minivan...

Ill check with him to see which he has. I can just plug one into my Pioneer headunit... its got a 6" touch screen so I'd like to take advantage of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:34 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

This should be added to the actual tech write-up... I tried for 30 minutes trying to get this to work way back when only to realize the 2011's didn't work like this...
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
bigdogdewey2 wrote:

This should be added to the actual tech write-up... I tried for 30 minutes trying to get this to work way back when only to realize the 2011's didn't work like this...

I or Rolando will add this to the write up.

Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Updated the header for those with 2011 models
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Rolando!

Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Very nice. I will be doing this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks for the instructions.... finally got that pesky buzzer to quit driving me NUTZ!!!!
Back to top Go down
warwagon
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
warwagon

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:33 am

Dealer won't turn mine off on a 2013. Found a simple $6 solution.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8ZSKVI/

Disabling Seatbelt Chime 41kqdk10
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:51 pm

hey Warwagon...is that the WWII German cross on your truck!?? i like it...we should park next to each other as i have the WWII US invasion stars...LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime   Disabling Seatbelt Chime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disabling Seatbelt Chime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: How to....-
Jump to: