NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy

Go down 
+5
NC FJ Driver
bluejack13
InnerChild
bigdogdewey2
totald
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'd just need longer wires... LOL
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
idlike to be able to unlock the window from the front...the install would be the same as what you have done here right ? except that the wires would go to the front??

Absolutely, I might actually do that as well and just splice into the wires I used with a couple of long runs to the front. Just as easy to do except for the extra panels that need to be pulled back.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 pm

cool thanks for the info and help...im actually looking forward to doing something that i hate...ELECTRICAL.....
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 pm

If you can think of any other cool electrical mods that would be nice let me know. I will research and determine how feasible it is. Electrical is one thing I am comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:23 pm

not me...i am an idiot on a stupid level when it comes to electrical...
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 am

nice work.....you want to wire up my hellas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 am

I got one for you... making my PIAAs stay on when I go to highbeams! I'm going to completely rewire them. I can't stand it deciding to turn them off on highbeam. Besides when people flash me their brights I want one more level of daylight to give them. Especially after I convert them to HID.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:08 pm

There has already been a write up about fog lights and high beam being wired together in the blue room. All you have to do is find the,difference between high and low beam wiring. If you want me to ring that in the diagrams I have let me know. I will mark it oa page and forward it to you.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:17 pm

we need you to be our electrical "how to" writer....thats what i say...anyone second the motion??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:32 pm

If there is a simple fix vs. a total require I want to know. My Tacoma was really simple to by-pass.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 pm

It should only need a splice into the power side for the brights and a ground to the vehicle. That way they would only get power when you turn you brights on and they would be protected by the vehicles circuits. Most likely the current breaker is enough.

I won't be able to really look into it till after this weekend. I am going to DC for an MLS soccer game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:52 pm

I'll try that this weekend. I'm probably going to start you mod in this thread this weekend.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Here is a quick rundown:

Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Headlights

C: arrow pointing to the blue wire is common. it goes to ground.

rlp: right lowbeam power: arrow points to this

llp: left lowbeam power: arrow points to this

r/l hp: right and left highbeam power: this has a box around them and you can follow these to the respective sides. these are the ones you would want to splice into to power your fogs and high beams at the same time. then run separate grounds to the chasis.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Ok for the rear door mod you want to give the instructions or point to them if they are on the blue room? I can't find them and I'm scared I'll break something I have the bolts out but that's as far as I want to go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:40 pm

... nevermind. I'm also impatient! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Here's the panel off!
Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 2012-04-28_15-47-53_152

button installed and the job is complete
Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 2012-04-28_16-53-06_210
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:45 am

Looks nice. Sorry, I am in DC for a soccer game so I just saw this. If you were asking about panel removal, the key is the popping action. You cannot pull on them because they will break. You have to give it a quick short jerk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Yeah I got it. I broke the top of one but was still able to use it.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Honestly, popping those panels is one of those things that you have to do yourself before you really get it. Otherwise you never really know how hard you are supposed to pop them.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Paul where did you get your button/switch?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

FJ Derek wrote:
Paul where did you get your button/switch?
El Radio Shacko... The Shack... The Shackonator...  The Shackster...  The Shack-o-Rama!

Radio Shack!
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks sir!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:56 pm

These are in the parts bin drawers.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:01 pm

I think I'm gonna wire mine to the front so I can be lazy and not even have to get out!
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:20 am

I did this MOD early on to my FJ as well.  I installed a switch on the door as well as up front.  But I ended up using them less often than I thought.  Great for when you sleep in the back and want to use the rear door to get out.  Pop the window and reach out and open the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy   Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Glass Release Button - Pic Heavy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next