NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Empty
PostSubject: not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler   not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Thought I would post up some shots my wife took just yesterday of our Dodge Ram 1500. We bought it new in April of 2009 so we have had it just about 3 years now. It is a TRX model which is dressed to look like a 4wd but it is only 2wd. The two tone paint and fender flares are what we liked best on these trucks as far as cosmetics go. At the time we bought it we were expecting our 4th child and needed something that could seat six and we were in desperate need of a truck so this truck works perfectly for our needs. It is a basic truck as far as extras go so no leather anywhere, no navi, and unfortunately no hemi but the 310 hp 4.7 moves this truck on down the road. It is the first model year that Dodge went to a rear coil spring setup and did away with the leaf springs. In my opinion it rides great in comparison to previous model Rams. My brother used to own a 98 model and I hated to even driving it anywhere.

Just recently it needed new tires so I chose to upgrade the wheels as well from the stock 17" to some 20's. Right now it has MB wheels stryker in 20x9 with Hankook ATM RF10 tires in 305/50/20. That is the first and only mod done thus far. I wold love to swap out the exhaust for something a little more aggressive but I don't want anything intrusive and I have tossed around the idea of installing a lowering kit but the wife is not sure about me doing that.

The truck now has a little over 40k miles on it with no problems so far. It gets better gas mileage than my FJ and rides quieter as well. Overall we couldn't be happier in our ownership.
not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler DSC_1722_edited-1fb-copy
not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler DSC_1721fb-copy
not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler DSC_1731-fbcopy
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler   not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Jami,

looks good. i am a fan of those tires
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler   not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm glad my FJ isn't the only one sitting with a new body style black Ram at night. Did you remove the '1500' on the side, or did that year not come with those?
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler   not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Nah I guess they did away with the 1500 badge and it does not say Dodge on it anywhere, only Ram. You have a Ram too?
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler   not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 am

Yup, black 2012 Ram with Hemi, 4wd, 20" wheels and not much else. Same door/bed configuration as yours, just all black. It's my daily driver/work truck but you're right, the ride is great and it certainly gets better mpg than my FJ. The rear suspension is remarkably similar to the FJ. I'm up to 4k miles on it, of which only 100 or so miles have been on the highway and it usually gets around 17mpg. Not bad for around town. Hopefully with the warmer weather and engine break-in it'll get even better mileage.

Jami, I've never seen the TRX package on a Ram but I vote on lowering it a bit. Tell the wife it'll make everything easier like loading stuff into the bed, loading and unloading kids and even climbing into it herself. If it's anything like ours, it's got a high seating position which takes some climbing to get into. My FJ is over 6" higher than stock and the Ram is almost as high to climb into even though the truck sits a lot lower. I also like the new shoes by the way!
--Ryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler   not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not a FJ, not even Toyota, my Dodge Ram family hauler
Page 1 of 1