NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone in here a yard guy?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anyone in here a yard guy? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Its the last day before spring break and my students are taking mid-term exams. I was bored and started listing things I will be doing in the yard over the next week. It hits me that I spend a lot of my time in my yard. Anyone else here a yard guy? Green grass, tree, shrubs, flowers, hardscapes, etc.
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah I used to work for a landscaping company..it was my second choice for a career...i like being outdoors and I enjoy landscaping
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I am looking into early retirement and starting a small landscaping company to piddle around with. I have 10 more years until I can retire with a pension though. I love my current job too though. So for now I am a weekend warrior going for yard of the month!
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Lol sounds good...i just recently installed a decorative fish pond and waterfall with my buddy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Alright this thread should turn into a post for pictures of landcape work.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:05 pm

We are getting $1200 worth of mulch delivered tomorrow. I won't be yard guy after I spread that
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I cut a dead branch of one of my 2 trees yesterday.....
Does that count? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:34 pm

It does if you post up a pic!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Anyone in here a yard guy? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnq9VdAblmQERbOMYyO_GCOmfqNPGUdT0jx7gKcjUfhOuAomUBcQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Worked on my front yard (my small front yard Sad ) the past few days.

Added rock retaining walls/borders around the trees. Notice my FJ in the back.

Anyone in here a yard guy? DSCN2069

Old Jack Daniels Whiskey barrels now used for planters.

Anyone in here a yard guy? DSCN2071

Anyone in here a yard guy? DSCN2072
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 am

Nicole and I love working in the yard... We are pretty competitive with our neighbors for "yard of the month". I even had a sign made just a few months after moving in and put it in my own yard and told my neighbors that the developer gave it to me... I let it go for about a month (with the sign in the yard) before coming clean.
Anyone in here a yard guy? 4626_112565547714_729492714_2789438_3124935_n

This was right after finishing the deck in our backyard summer of 2010 Anyone in here a yard guy? 252665_10150318422137715_729492714_9905042_4943566_n

Anyone in here a yard guy? 253430_10150318422432715_729492714_9905047_6617550_n

Anyone in here a yard guy? 253031_10150318421907715_729492714_9905040_1833685_n

The table and chairs on our deck are recycled plastic and I highly recommend looking into this type of funiture for you outdoor needs. It's a bit more expensive but it still looks brand new 2 years in the elements and it's heavy as crap... no need to worry about bring it in for storms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 am

Looks good Paul! The flower beds/natural areas look were a nice touch. My wife is not into yard work, but she has been a trooper. She has helped me dig some holes for some of the treee I've planted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Some updated photos from this weekend. I try to take photos every year from the same places at about the same time of the year.

Anyone in here a yard guy? 7882144784_995c9cddb1_c

Anyone in here a yard guy? 7882148176_e6db322535_c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Brian is your grass zoysia?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:57 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Some updated photos from this weekend. I try to take photos every year from the same places at about the same time of the year.

Lol, good I am not the only one! My wife makes fun of me when I do it. I prefer Fall. I tend to buy plants that look good in Fall.

No zoysia. I almost did my last yard that way. Mine is tall fescue. A little harder to maintain, but I can keep it green all year round.

These are before (3yrs ago) and then some more recent. This fall should be really nice. My trees have really taken off.

Anyone in here a yard guy? Phase0-TheBeginning

Anyone in here a yard guy? DSCN1372

Anyone in here a yard guy? Phase0-TheBeginning3

Anyone in here a yard guy? DSCN1373

Anyone in here a yard guy? Phase0-TheBeginning2
Anyone in here a yard guy? DSCN2076
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Dude we need to party at your house! We could park 30 -40 FJs in the backyard!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Nah, pictures make it look bigger. Very Happy Would also have to squeeze them through a 4ft fence gate.

We do host several gettogethers throughout the year. Everyone is invited. NO PARKING ON THE LAWN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:25 pm

The first FJ though will make that fence hole a bit bigger!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Brian wrote:
Nah, pictures make it look bigger. Very Happy Would also have to squeeze them through a 4ft fence gate.

We do host several gettogethers throughout the year. Everyone is invited. NO PARKING ON THE LAWN!

I have a racing tractor, could I bring it over and do some testing in the grass?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
The first FJ though will make that fence hole a bit bigger!
Driving in my back yard might be too much "off roading" to get 30-40 from our group.

4running wrote:
I have a racing tractor, could I bring it over and do some testing in the grass?
Ther is an open area between the pool and my yard. Have at it!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:54 pm

It does about 30 MPH brother, with a locked rear diff. It needs some room
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 pm

4running wrote:

Sorry I have to revoke the offer. My neighborhood doesn't allow soliciting or people who loosely use the word "brother".
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

WHATEVER BROTHER

MY FREAKING INTERNET EXPLORER KEEPS FREEZING UP, FREAKING DIAL UP IS SLOW AS CRAP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Brian wrote:
4running wrote:

Sorry I have to revoke the offer. My neighborhood doesn't allow soliciting or people who loosely use the word "brother".
LOL
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:36 pm

4running wrote:
WHATEVER BROTHER

MY FREAKING INTERNET EXPLORER KEEPS FREEZING UP, FREAKING DIAL UP IS SLOW AS CRAP
What brother still uses internet explorer as an internet browser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in here a yard guy?   Anyone in here a yard guy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone in here a yard guy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next