NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Empty
PostSubject: Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)   Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm

I experimented with mounting my CB in the FJ. There aren't a ton of options for a full size radio and I didn't like the idea of drilling my interior...

So, I made basically a "hanger" that will allow the CB to hang on the back of the console. Completely removable with no evidence of it even being there. I think I like the way it turned out, so I'll go back and make one a little more 'professional' looking.

It's made out of flat stock bent into a "L" shape that I bought at Lowes. I just added an extra bend to make it fit over the rear of the center console. I also added some little rubber pads so it wouldn't scratch up the plastic. I'd change the rubber pads out to a layer of felt material or something similar..

Test hanger:

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) 2012-03-03131515

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) 2012-03-03131506

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) 2012-03-03131447

Here is a good suggestion another member made:

Quote :
I was looking at this idea an I think it works pretty well my only concern is in case of a bumpy ride that cb is going to be a danger hazard or in a not as bad scenario is going to end up rolling in your back seat but you can fix this by extending your piece of stock bending it inside the hole in the center console and using the screws that hold center console to hold your CB [URL="http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/how-technical-articles/55663-dash-console-door-panels-removal-inst-w-pics.html#post929650"](Console Removal by LandcruiserSteve)[/URL], that way u use existing holes to avoid drilling and make sure your CB doesn't fly away just my .02 cheers

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Console
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)   Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Nice, both great ideas. Really like the simple but effective and inexpensive concept!

Coat the flat stock in plasti-dip to prevent slippage.
Back to top Go down
CB07TRD
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)   Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 pm

How did you run your wires?
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)   Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:30 pm

CB07TRD wrote:
How did you run your wires?
I ran the antenna coax cable under the rear seat and under the floor into the jack compartment (very easy).  The power wire is ran beside the seat and up to the 12V outlet for quick disconnect and storage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)   Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mounting a Full Size CB Radio (WITHOUT cutting/drilling)
Page 1 of 1