NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Logo contest

Go down 
+14
PurpleHaze42
Orange Boxx
Crazy Hube
Darklight
bigdogdewey2
ncorn38
Xx_Black-out
Imperial AT-FJ
CarolinaCruiser15
tbulluck
totald
ULTIMATEcruiser
FonnieJr
David B
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
I see the rising sun logo on the main page so is that our logo now or what?

No, just a preliminary drawing by Xx_blackout, what do you think? I am taking it for a "test run"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:21 pm

I actually like it but wouldn't mind seeing the FJ with some color to it. That's just me though.
Not trying to be critical at all but it has to start somewhere. Not sure if I like the rising sun but assume it is in reference to Japan so therefore I can like it. I would like to see NCFJ Cruisers in yellow as well the FJ itself with color other than gray. Also would like to see the state shape cropped from the rectangular box. This is solely my opinion and what I would like to see if this were to be the official logo.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
I actually like it but wouldn't mind seeing the FJ with some color to it. That's just me though.
Not trying to be critical at all but it has to start somewhere. Not sure if I like the rising sun but assume it is in reference to Japan so therefore I can like it. I would like to see NCFJ Cruisers in yellow as well the FJ itself with color other than gray. Also would like to see the state shape cropped from the rectangular box. This is solely my opinion and what I would like to see if this were to be the official logo.

All great suggestions!!! I suggested putting an "est.2010" somewhere, possibly under the FJ. Xx_blackout....look what you started!! Smile
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:39 pm

Quote :
All great suggestions!!! I suggested putting an "est.2010" somewhere, possibly under the FJ. Xx_blackout....look what you started!!
I like that David!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 pm

If the FJ were side ways facing left and climbing up the southern border that might look pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

totald wrote:
If the FJ were side ways facing left and climbing up the southern border that might look pretty cool as well.

Ah I like that. Maybe it could have a snorkel too Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 am

David B wrote:
Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
What color would you like to see the FJ? I played around and tried white and blue, but it didn't flow...

IMO with the "NCFJ Cruisers in yellow, it looks like a McDonald's logo because of the red/yellow lol. I can post it for you to see.

The grey box around the state will definitely be removed. It is on the preliminary image to help me outline the state.

Thank you for your suggestions. Without criticism, things never reach their full potential!

All great suggestions!!! I suggested putting an "est.2010" somewhere, possibly under the FJ. Xx_blackout....look what you started!! Smile
I'll have the "est. 2010" under it next time you see it!

totald wrote:
CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
totald wrote:
Ah I like that. Maybe it could have a snorkel too Wink

Whew, that might be tricky! I'll see what I can do but no promises.

I'll try to get to work on it asap. I was off work for the past 2 days and didn't get on the computer as much as I had hoped I could...
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:12 am

Okay, time for some more constructive critisism lol

Your thoughts on these two (remember, they're rough drafts):

Logo 3:
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersrisingsun3c

Logo 4:
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersrisingsun4
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 am

What about using the FJ logo, like the one I am attaching here. But replace FJ with the NC from NCFJ logo and put Est. 2010 below the NC? Uset that in place of the current FJ....just to see what it looks like?

Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Fjcruiser

Last edited by David B on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Hmmm, can't say I'm crazy about the red and yellow. It actually does remind me of McDonalds. I like the side FJ better than head on I think but maybe if I was moved further "east" to include more of the truck but also look like its climbing up the coast. There's a nice little "bump" in front of the hood. I don't know my coast too well or I could name towns. Lol. Wow, I hope at least some of this made sense. Lol. David's idea might be cool too.... Only problem is we've all seen that logo before which makes me hesitant to promote it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm not particularly crazy about it either... I like the state outline idea... Maybe do the outline of an FJ in the state similar to the way Orange Boxx does it on their rear rack... like this.

Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Ncfjwwp

I also really like the NCFJcruisers used above and that we already have been using... maybe somehow incorporating this into the design.

I think the color of the FJ should be neutral... Think of all the places this logo will be and used.
Back to top Go down
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Love the state outline idea but like Rolando said, Im not to partial to the red and yellow but keep up the good work!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: i love it   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:56 pm

actually i happen to like the logo 3...dont mind the colors..as they actually are easily seen...i just like the whole layout..

my $.02 worth..
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:03 pm

I like logo 4, but when I was talking about a side view of the FJ I meant the other way. Front pointing to the west and the whole FJ.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 pm

All you yellow haters.......I personally like logo 3, go figure. Would you mind if I used that for my own personal usage? I just might make myself a t-shirt.

What color would everyone like to see the FJ?
The sandstorm color? White? If I had to vote a color in I would go sandstorm just to give David props.

On a side note, is there any way or anyone here who can crop that state shape out of that rectangular box?
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 pm

How about all blacks and grays so it is color neutral
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:40 am

David B wrote:
What about using the FJ logo, like the one I am
attaching here. But replace FJ with the NC from NCFJ logo and put Est.
2010 below the NC? Uset that in place of the current FJ....just to see
what it looks like?

Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Fjcruiser

Like this?
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersFrontFace1

totald wrote:
I like logo 4, but when I was talking about a side view
of the FJ I meant the other way. Front pointing to the west and the
whole FJ.
It can be done but when you use the whole FJ it has to be scaled down in size...a lot! I may try it like the suggestion above, similar to the way OrangeBoxx does theirs.
totald wrote:
How about all blacks and grays so it is color neutral

Grey will work but remember the background you will be using. Black wont show detail very good.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Good points. I do like the one you just posted also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
If I had to vote a color in I would go sandstorm just to give David props.

I actually had that thought too! It would be our own little cool trivia question 10 years from now.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:42 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
If I had to vote a color in I would go sandstorm just to give David props.

I actually had that thought too! It would be our own little cool trivia question 10 years from now.

Very cool idea guys..Thanks for thinking! cheers
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:33 am

Here are a couple I threw together earlier. I'm not sold on the Sandstorm color, maybe it'll grow on me. That or rethink the whole "rising sun" idea...

Logo 3 - "Sandstorm" (I don't know why but this image refuses to accept the black background! Please disregard the grey...it should be black)
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersrisingsun3-Sandstorm

Logo 4 - "Sandstorm"
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersrisingsun4-Sandstorm

Logo 4 - Green (just playing trying to get the creative juices flowing)
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersrisingsun4-GreenBlack

Logo 5 (I can make the FJ Cruiser more detailed or erase detail as desired)
Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersrisingsun5
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:42 pm

I like Option #4. I love ya, David, but #1 is way too "cartoony" for my liking. Not a fan or fluorescent colors either. I like Option #5 as well, but for some reason, Im not digging the entire truck in the logo.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Just saw this thread. I will get with Lisa the genius wizard tonight and see if we can work up some ideas for this
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Darklight wrote:
Just saw this thread. I will get with Lisa the genius wizard tonight and see if we can work up some ideas for this

Awesome. The more logo ideas, the better!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Nick, I like what you did with the design below, what about trying this one in the sun:

Forum Logo contest - Page 2 NCFJcruisersFrontFace1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Logo contest   Forum Logo contest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Logo contest
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next