NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Empty
PostSubject: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:24 am

I really thing we should approach Walcott with an "NCFJ Cruisers Complete CB System" setup.......anyone else think the same?

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:51 am

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

That would be cool. I am going to order my CB setup shortly and a portion of it is coming from Walcott while the CB and Firestik are coming from another online CB source simply because pricing is cheaper. I am planning to make my own antenna mount similar to the Bandi. Wish I could make mounts for less than the price of a Bandi.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: complete cb   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I agree..i would contact Walcotts and see if they can get a package together specifically for the Fj...maybe only for NCFJs....lol i am looking at what it would take to make the "bandi" type mount...its really not alot to it...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Mike, you're right. From what I see in the Bandi it looks to be a either a piece of aluminum or steel flat stock that has been bent with a washer or similar piece welded into the top of it. Then powder coated. It also has a tab section to fit into the slot on the door hinge to keep the Bandi from moving.

The piece I am working on at the shop for myself will involve quite a bit of machine time and most likely make it ridiculously expensive in the end. Free for me though.

I would really like to come up with a new style of mount that doesn't necessarily utilize the rear door hinge but so far I have no ideas.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: "bandi"   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

yeah it seems that its a pretty easy thing to duplicate...its just that they (allprooffroad) want a God awful amount for it...for about 5-10 dollars worth of steel...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:56 pm

you have a Bandi don't you Mike? Is it made of steel? If so I bet there is less than a couple dollars in material in it.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: bandi   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 pm

yeah i have the bandi... and yes it is STEEL.....and you can tell that it is a piece of tube cut length wise...then weelded to a piece of flat stock then drilled and capped...easy actually to make...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:25 am

Cheaper would be nicer, but time, material and coating add up
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Found this picture of a somewhat simple mount on an SR5:

NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System DSC02498

I'm wondering if something like this could work if put on the right rear side near the taillight... thoughts? Being that it's a much simpler design, there would most likely be less machine time, therefore lowering cost of production.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System   NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NCFJ Cruisers Complete System VS Big Bill Complete System
Page 1 of 1